Help with "Custom Name"

Hi all,

Using X-Plane 11;

Using the Honeycomb Configurator ver. 2.1.0, I have been trying to activate the "DOOR" LED on the Bravo with a specific aircraft that has three doors. I tried all of the known datarefs to make it work without success. Using the DataRef Tool, I found this dataref (mgdornier/do328/annunciators/doors_open) that is specific to the aircraft and when I open and close any door the value in the tool does change as expected (1 for open, 0 for closed). This dataref covers all doors so if any door is open, 1 becomes the value.

I tried the Custom Name and pasted in the dataref above and added the dataref to the Name field and set the value =1.0 to activate the LED but it doesn't work.

How can I get this to work? Any ideas or maybe this just doesn't get configured no matter what is done?

BTW, the aircraft is the Dornier 328 Turbo Prop. Great freeware plane.

BenBaron,

Here is the profile for the Dornier 328. As I looked through it, I found another setting for the open door, but I don't understand why it is as it is even though I changed it as I indicated in my post above.

This is what I found inside the profile (as you will see):

"ByteIndex": 4,
      "BitIndex": 3,
      "ConditionLogic": "OR",
      "Conditions": [
        {
          "Condition": "sim/cockpit/warnings/annunciators/cabin_door_open",
          "ConditionValue": "=1",
          "ConditionIsCustom": false

Don't understand why it's not as I set it with the Custom Name with this setting": mgdornier/do328/annunciators/doors_open. This is the setting I see in the configurator. I am wondering if the Honeycomb configurator is not working properly or not saving my settings since many things I thought I was changing hasn't changed or I suspect isn't changing. Is there something I can do to reset or test the configurator other than uninstalling and reinstalling it? Thanks for your assistance!

Dornier 328 Turbo Prop.json

Not quite sure what the problem was so I deleted the profile and created a new one using the default settings as a starting point. Then I redid the door dataref using the dornier 328 dataref for the door setting and now it is working. 

• Aerosoft

All I can say is that in your uploaded profile there is no mention of mgdornier/do328/annunciators/doors_open at all. But why that happened I cannot tell. Glad you got it solved anyways.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived