CRJ Sounds

paulwareiNG

Wondering what people think about the MSFS CRJ sounds?

Just got the SWS Kodiak, the sounds are awesome.  I've been flying the A32NX, the sounds are very good.  I also fly the Just Flight Turbo Arrow, the sounds in there are excellent too.

I feel the CRJ soundset is lacking a little.  No vibrations or rattling while taxiing, no noticeable ground roll on TO & Land.

I'm hoping there's updates coming that fix sounds as well as bugs, radars etc..

I'll jump in on this one.   I also think the sounds are lacking a bit.   Especially on take-off and landing.   Every time I've flown in a CRJ, take-offs have been a pretty noisy event between the engines and the bumps, creaks and rattles while accelerating down the runway. Now possibly the engines are bit quieter up front but I'm sure the flight crew can hear the rest of the noise.   Same with landings - the touchdown and thrust reversers sound very basic. 

I'd love to see Aerosoft release an updated sound pack for this product. 

11 hours ago, jay jay said:

I'd love to see Aerosoft release an updated sound pack for this product. 

What if you don't like that one too?  Do they have to release another?  Then another until the subjective notion of sound is satisfying?  Then what if I don't like that one?  What if I always sit in the right seat and it does not sound like what a co-pilot hears?  I hope you can see the problem with trying to satisfy not just everyone but even a large number of people with a sound set.  When I played in bands, I had a guy come up after we played Black Magic Women.  He scoffed at my solo by saying 'That did not sound like Santana". My reply, "That's good, I am not Santana.  Also, which Santana did you want? The album;Which Album, Live; which concert?" At some point, someone will create sounds to their liking and offer them up, not sure if payware or freeware.  You can try them and decide if they are satisfactory and buy them if needed/wanted. 

On 12/19/2021 at 4:31 PM, paulwareiNG said:

Wondering what people think about the MSFS CRJ sounds?

Just got the SWS Kodiak, the sounds are awesome.  I've been flying the A32NX, the sounds are very good.  I also fly the Just Flight Turbo Arrow, the sounds in there are excellent too.

I feel the CRJ soundset is lacking a little.  No vibrations or rattling while taxiing, no noticeable ground roll on TO & Land.

I'm hoping there's updates coming that fix sounds as well as bugs, radars etc..

Have you heard of FTSim+ ? He makes sound packs for a bunch of different planes in X Plane and MSFS (including the Aerosoft CRJ). Here’s his sample video for the crj sounds. I love it, I also have his sound packs for the Toliss 321 and FF767. In order to get them you need to become a patreon of his ($2 per month). You dont need to keep it past a month though, but he is active with updates and answers questions. 

If you do decide to get it, follow the installation correctly reply to this if you end up needing help, but the install guide explains well. Happy New Year and Happy Flying. 

5 hours ago, Brand0n said:

Have you heard of FTSim+ ? He makes sound packs for a bunch of different planes in X Plane and MSFS (including the Aerosoft CRJ). Here’s his sample video for the crj sounds. I love it, I also have his sound packs for the Toliss 321 and FF767. In order to get them you need to become a patreon of his ($2 per month). You dont need to keep it past a month though, but he is active with updates and answers questions. 

If you do decide to get it, follow the installation correctly reply to this if you end up needing help, but the install guide explains well. Happy New Year and Happy Flying. 

Nice!  Now we will probably hear from the "Why should I have to pay extra for sounds?" crowd.  People don't seem to understand the simulation chain.  Asobo (or XPlane) provides us with a sim to start with.  Publishers (free and payware) provide us with addons to use.  Other publishers (free and payware) provide us with options to use with the addons.  Now we have a choice and choice is good.  However, choice sometimes has a cost.  We can always choose not to make a choice though. Unfortunately, most people will choose to waste time making downvotes instead of researching solutions to their wants.  

4 hours ago, Crabby said:

Nice!  Now we will probably hear from the "Why should I have to pay extra for sounds?" crowd.  People don't seem to understand the simulation chain.  Asobo (or XPlane) provides us with a sim to start with.  Publishers (free and payware) provide us with addons to use.  Other publishers (free and payware) provide us with options to use with the addons.  Now we have a choice and choice is good.  However, choice sometimes has a cost.  We can always choose not to make a choice though. Unfortunately, most people will choose to waste time making downvotes instead of researching solutions to their wants.  

I hope it’s not like that, but you can’t please everyone. Also, for one month’s $2 you not only get the crj sound pack but access to download many others. It’s super worth it in my opinion. 

14 hours ago, Brand0n said:

I hope it’s not like that, but you can’t please everyone. Also, for one month’s $2 you not only get the crj sound pack but access to download many others. It’s super worth it in my opinion. 

I am sure it is and in fact I subscribed.   So far, every sound pack has been a nice addition and I thank you for posting it.  I had never given much thought to the sounds.   Notice that no one else has commented on the sounds you posted about.  They were not really interested in sounds for the CRJ.  They were interested in pointing out a subjective flaw and getting in as many down votes as possible. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The OP asked for opinions, received several including one pointing out a useful solution to the concern. Later posts tended towards downvote fests and off-topic snipping, so time to close this.

paulwareiNG, if you were looking for more input, I'm sorry to have to close this early on you. However, I don't believe further input would be any different than what was already shared. There's almost always two strongly held positions that come out of this kind of question, which aren't usually helpful. I hope the suggestion for alternative sound sets proves useful to you, as it has to one of the posters.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived