Top of Descent VAR for SDK

Gabriel Furchert

Hey there, I wasn't sure where to place this, as it is more about SDK 🙂 I am working on an interactive checklist for the CRJ as they are missing, and I like the voices reading the checklist. Makes the cockpit feel alive. I am wondering if there is a local variable available for the TOD, once it is calculated, so I could pick it up for further evaluations of the checklist. I checked in "behaviors" console but wasn't able to spot anything.

Maybe someone with SDK experience has an idea?

Thanks!
Gabriel

On 12/19/2021 at 9:46 AM, Gabriel Furchert said:

Hey there, I wasn't sure where to place this, as it is more about SDK 🙂 I am working on an interactive checklist for the CRJ as they are missing, and I like the voices reading the checklist. Makes the cockpit feel alive. I am wondering if there is a local variable available for the TOD, once it is calculated, so I could pick it up for further evaluations of the checklist. I checked in "behaviors" console but wasn't able to spot anything.

Maybe someone with SDK experience has an idea?

Thanks!
Gabriel

It does not exist ...  I have also requested this in the past to make Pause at TOD easier... currently I do it based on making sure that my departure and arrival airport are loaded in the world map and then use the destination GPS variables and distances with some calculation to give me an even X minutes from destination...

• 2 weeks later...

In my pre-flight CDU setup I always set two "Fixes" based on the rule of three, I will normally set a "Fix" for the TOD, for example if I am cruising at 32,000 and my arrival airport is KLGA I will set KLGA and a radius of 96 miles (32,000 - landing elevation / 1,000 X 3) and I will set a second radii at KLGA 10 miles. For LGA which is basically sea level, this gives me two circles on the ND, the first is my approximate TOD and the second is my approximate 10,000' crossing, these are not exact but they at least give me a visual reference if the TOD does not show on the ND. 

I am not sure if there is a way to pull the distance to destination from the MSFS Simconnect, this may be a way that a generic TOD calculation can be done sort of how I show it on the ND.

Archived