Around the World in 80 days in an Electra... and using OnAir to earn some bucks along the way

Pedro C

On the second day of my journey I have departed Turino with cloudy skies. How I miss the punctuality of the trains, flying is an awkward venture, depending on weather and winds and not being able to know if we will arrive on time. 

Anyway the machine is behaving itself well, and I have offered the pilot a bonus, if we get to Brindisi ahead of schedule.

Passepartout has discovered he gets airsick...

Arrived at Brindisi, where we will have Christmas supper before continuing tomorrow to Athens, Greece. Still think a steamer would be more reliable, as we would travel directly to Suez, but we must continue on this flying contraption. 

• Like 1

On today's flight from Brindisi (LIBR) to Athens (LGAT) the captain insisted on taking aboard almost 3 tons of steel beams, for with he will get the nice payment of 7.700 Cr. I suspect he was a bit optimistic with the fuel, and we landed with less than 10 minutes reserve, I wonder what the flight authorities would make of this recklessness. Anyway, we landed safety, no fuel for any sightseeing, though.

image.thumb.png.eaf09caa6f481cf9f469542c46585274.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Riiiiight, and we are supposed to believe that? We all know it's whiskey.

I meant 3.000 lbs, confused by the imperial system.

The whiskey was for free, as it can act as fuel in case of emergency ;-D

• Like 1