FSUIPC7 throttle commands not recognised by the CRJ

HI

Can anyone shed light on whether the CRJ can recognise the FSUIPC7 interface?  I have my throttles for twin jets mapped as 'send to FSUIPC calibration' but there's no response from the aircraft.  this is the only aircraft in the hangar that seems to have this problem.

Anyone got it working or have suggestions?

• Aerosoft

Hi John,

We don't recommend to use FSUIPC for the CRJ.

Instead use the standard MSFS assignments.

Please check this post. It can be use with any standard throttle with analog axes.

Best regards.

11 hours ago, John Dow said:

HI

Can anyone shed light on whether the CRJ can recognise the FSUIPC7 interface?  I have my throttles for twin jets mapped as 'send to FSUIPC calibration' but there's no response from the aircraft.  this is the only aircraft in the hangar that seems to have this problem.

Anyone got it working or have suggestions?

Don't use the legacy simconnect throttle you need to use the ones that have _EX1 next to them...

OK if this can be looked at for a future update it would be appreciated.  The reason is, once the sim is set up for FSUIPC controls, it's not practicable to have to go into the controls menu every time I want to fly the CRJ and set the throttle axis.  It's the only plane in my entire hangar with this problem.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:56 AM, John Dow said:

OK if this can be looked at for a future update it would be appreciated.  The reason is, once the sim is set up for FSUIPC controls, it's not practicable to have to go into the controls menu every time I want to fly the CRJ and set the throttle axis.  It's the only plane in my entire hangar with this problem.

Actually, it is practical because you CAN do that.  You CAN set up a different controller profile in MSFS for each aircraft you want to fly.  You CAN remember to swap out the profiles before flying each plane.  You CAN do all that, so it is practical.  Or, you CAN get Axis and Ohs or SpadNext, set up profiles for each aircraft once while at the same time unlocking more feature rich control capabilities and then let AAO or SpadNext do the remembering for you when you select an aircraft to fly and load in the aircraft specific profile.  They work with all aircraft and you will save yourself a ton of time and headaches. 

Both options are practical, one is just more sensible and time saving in the short, mid and long-term.  

On 12/18/2021 at 3:56 AM, John Dow said:

FSUIPC supports profiles for planes as well and will auto swap ... msfs is the one that added the additional _EX1 versions of these commands... so it really is what is being documented to be used with the SDK going forward...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

As addition I would say that having to switch profiles in MSFS can be seen as a sim checklist.
We use complex planes with dozen of checklist steps.
Having to switch profile in MSFS should not be overwhelming ! 🙂

Archived