Generic liveries

RogePete

Hi there,

since the latest update, I occasionally see generic MSFS AI liveries (the old ones) sitting at an airport. Intallation seems fine (I do see ST planes mainly), Context.xml seems fine (ST sits on the last position). I have to check further. Just want you to know (in case you already had this).

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, RogePete said:

Hi there,

since the latest update, I occasionally see generic MSFS AI liveries (the old ones) sitting at an airport. Intallation seems fine (I do see ST planes mainly), Context.xml seems fine (ST sits on the last position). I have to check further. Just want you to know (in case you already had this).

It might be that it is a bit more common but really should be very rare.  Can you share a screenshot?

vor 17 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

It might be that it is a bit more common but really should be very rare.  Can you share a screenshot?

I try to... 😉 Havn't seen any since then. But I will provide you with a screetnshot when I see some. It was at LEBL, when I saw two generics for the first time (maybe that helps).

On 14.12.2021 at 15:42, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Hi Mathijs,

here's a screenshot from my last flight, at destination (EDDH - Simwings, 21:15z, live traffic ) with a generic at the gate (in the background).

Please login to display this image.

On 16/12/2021 at 23:16, RogePete said:

Salut Mathijs,

voici une capture d'écran de mon dernier vol, à destination (EDDH - Simwings, 21:15z, trafic en direct) avec un générique à la porte (en arrière-plan).

I also confirm, since the update simple traffic, I have many more generic liveries in the airports by adjusting the traffic in real time and 50% of planes on the ground.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, the manual clearly states that you have to set ground traffic to zero. When I set it to 50% I see this:

Following the manual, i get this:

Hi there,

small update: it seems to be airport dependent. I always have a few generics, when in EDDH (Simwings), most other airports are ST only (only seen one in LEBL from LVFR).

• Developer

There are 3 scenarios where generic liveries may (rarely) appear:

1. In AI Offline mode, default MSFS offline traffic (both airliner and GA) is still present alongside ST offline traffic. The default MSFS offline traffic is not airline-specific, so MSFS will select a livery at random from the ST liveries and the generic liveries.
  2. In Real-Time Online mode, if an online AI flight is an airline for which ST does not yet include a livery, then again MSFS will select a livery at random from the ST liveries and the generic liveries.
  3. If you set Ground Aircraft Density greater than 0, then MSFS will populate the gates with static aircraft, and here again it will select a livery at random from the ST liveries and the generic liveries.

In all cases, there are hundreds of ST liveries but only 4 generic liveries, so the chances of MSFS selecting a generic livery are relatively slim.

The random livery selection in the above scenarios is due to the way the sim is designed. Currently, nothing can be done to prevent it without modifications to the internal MSFS files and unlike some other AI solutions, it is our policy not to modify any internal sim files without telling you - we believe it's in your interest that we only to add to what's already there.

However, since the generic liveries can be completely disabled with a quick and simple modification to a couple of the default MSFS aircraft files, we'll post some how-to instructions shortly in the Tweaking forum section, for anyone who wants to do it themselves, so watch this space...

On 12/27/2021 at 1:37 PM, Simple Traffic said:

However, since the generic liveries can be completely disabled with a quick and simple modification to a couple of the default MSFS aircraft files, we'll post some how-to instructions shortly in the Tweaking forum section, for anyone who wants to do it themselves, so watch this space...

I hope you're going to do this soon, I'm looking forward to giving this a go. Thanks!

Archived