CRJ 550/700/900/1000 - my current bug list; can we expect fixes?

Moridin

Hello,

This is a current bug list (some things might be what I consider bugs) in no particular order, that I found and remember:

• FMC sometimes freezes, when entering a flight plan, when a wrong waypoint is entered, when trying to overwrite it; solution: "Erase" and start again.
  • LNAV is not very good.
  • HOLD performance (LNAV) is atrocious. VATSIM controller: "Can you please explain what your aircraft is doing Lufthansa 337? I'm in the Aerosoft CRJ, Sir. | Ahh yes. Continue."
  • SPEED doesn't work 90% of the time, ignored completely.
  • BARO button unpressable; solution: press 15-20 times, maybe it will work.
  • No sounds on dials rotation and button presses. This worked earlier.
  • CLR hard to press because of speed brake handle.
  • Phantom waypoints on Direct To; solution: use LEGS page.
  • EFB - set payload in simulator - need to press twice. No info anywhere on this (critical for new pilots).
  • N/W Steering INOP.
  • BARO not linked between Captain and FO, even when setting this option in EFB.
  • VNAV always on MCP, even if turned off in EFB. If turned off in EFB, VNAV button pressable, but doesn't do anything.
  • VNAV must be turned off otherwise ILS doesn't work (might actually work like this, unsure).
  • A/I (all of the switches) turned on during icing conditions. Did not work on last flight - MFD showed "ICE" warning. Sometimes it works properly.

Can we expect fixes to these bugs in the future? Or should we just accept that they'll be present?  Some of them are over 6 months old. And I'm sure I missed some.

Merry x-mas! 🎄

7 hours ago, Moridin said:

Hello,

This is a current bug list (some things might be what I consider bugs) in no particular order, that I found and remember:

• FMC sometimes freezes, when entering a flight plan, when a wrong waypoint is entered, when trying to overwrite it; solution: "Erase" and start again.
  • LNAV is not very good.
  • HOLD performance (LNAV) is atrocious. VATSIM controller: "Can you please explain what your aircraft is doing Lufthansa 337? I'm in the Aerosoft CRJ, Sir. | Ahh yes. Continue."
  • EFB - set payload in simulator - need to press twice. No info anywhere on this (critical for new pilots).
  • N/W Steering INOP.
  • VNAV always on MCP, even if turned off in EFB. If turned off in EFB, VNAV button pressable, but doesn't do anything.
  • VNAV must be turned off otherwise ILS doesn't work (might actually work like this, unsure).
  • A/I (all of the switches) turned on during icing conditions. Did not work on last flight - MFD showed "ICE" warning. Sometimes it works properly.

Can we expect fixes to these bugs in the future? Or should we just accept that they'll be present?  Some of them are over 6 months old. And I'm sure I missed some.

Merry x-mas! 🎄

vor 16 Stunden , Moridin sagte:

Hello,

• LNAV is not very good.
  • N/W Steering INOP.

Merry x-mas! 🎄

FMC - can't comment on that one

LNAV - works quite good on my end

HOLD - I've read that its not that good

SPEED - works on my end 100% of the time

BARO - have you read the FAQ portion and the gazillion threads regarding cockpit interaction??????

No sounds - have you read the post regarding the marketplace version of the CRJ?

CLR - do you know that clickspots are determined by the SIM and NOT by the CRJ??

Phantom... - had some of those but very seldom (it is reported)

EFB - Yes...it has been discussed again a gazillion of times why it has to be like that

N/W steering works 100% (maybe you forgot abot the NW Steering switch)

...so pretty much of what you list here is well...

And Yes...you did also forget about "Do not post lists".

5 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

FMC - can't comment on that one

LNAV - works quite good on my end

HOLD - I've read that its not that good

SPEED - works on my end 100% of the time

BARO - have you read the FAQ portion and the gazillion threads regarding cockpit interaction??????

No sounds - have you read the post regarding the marketplace version of the CRJ?

CLR - do you know that clickspots are determined by the SIM and NOT by the CRJ??

Phantom... - had some of those but very seldom (it is reported)

EFB - Yes...it has been discussed again a gazillion of times why it has to be like that

N/W steering works 100% (maybe you forgot abot the NW Steering switch)

...so pretty much of what you list here is well...

And Yes...you did also forget about "Do not post lists".

LNAV - Fly a curvy route and compare it to the CJ4 + WT mod.

BARO - Nope. I want it to work properly.

No sounds - I don't have the Marketplace version, so no.

CLR - Yes. Again, I'm interested in the final result, not excuses.

Phantom - Happens on every Direct To. Very frustrating on VATSIM.

N/W Steering - Yeah, that's the problem. Works even when the switch is OFF. 😉

20 hours ago, Moridin said:

This is one issue. We know about the bugs. The question is if there will be on-going maintenance and evolution of the CRJ.

No, the new rumor is that the CRJ is a finished product as is.  If anything, it will be updated to include a piston propellor option and spinners on the wheels.  Possibly air shocks allowing for a low rider style take off.  

vor 15 Stunden , Moridin sagte:

LNAV - Fly a curvy route and compare it to the CJ4 + WT mod.

Please provide us a curvy route

BARO - Nope. I want it to work properly.

It works properly since the new cockpit interaction is offered by the sim and was introduced with SU5 (also the fix provided from ASOBO did not work...again please do read our forum)

No sounds - I don't have the Marketplace version, so no.

Please open another topic for this. AFAIK the Marketplace-Version had some bad files. I do not have this issue and also no tester is reporting it.

CLR - Yes. Again, I'm interested in the final result, not excuses.

This is a bit rude. AS will not redesign the SIM and if clickspots are that big then yeah...due to the 3D perspective you could have one clockspot blocking another (also in a real cockpit you would have to lean foreward or move your hand around the Yoke or other stuff to reach some of the buttons. So please do adjust your cameras to avoid the overlapping of the clickspots ;) . Yeah...it's as simple as that...

Phantom - Happens on every Direct To. Very frustrating on VATSIM.

Please provide FPLN / PIC / VID so we can test and report to the DEV.

vor 16 Stunden , Moridin sagte:

N/W Steering - Yeah, that's the problem. Works even when the switch is OFF. 😉

And again your lack of information does show since this is again a sim limitation at this point (read the other forum and you will see that also other modders are aware of).

@GEK_the_Reaper As a moderator with all due respect , you have to tone down your replies .

Many here are not native English speaking , AND with all humility there are some serios issues with the CRJ that the OP has raised . If the plane works for you 100% , Great , But that's not the case for everyone,

Instead of being supportive, you tone immediately becomes aggressive to anyone needing help or has a genuine issue, instead of giving the poster help or anything.

The LNAV is not always working as expected and its a huge frustration.

Hold might as well not be implemented as it does not function as in the real aircraft. 

DIR , with the waypoint that it add,  this is really a problem on online flying as the plane would just go anywhere . 

Buttons are a mess, but if you switch off lens correction in the options its much better , and yes its an Asobo mess,  getting to VR interaction with out fixes from other posters etc. , forget to use the plane properly in VR , this has been confirmed , re confirmed and re re confirmed , but still broken ,

Don't get me started on the CLR button its like throwing a Dice , I found moving up to the other buttons and then down improves your odds.

And yes AFTER many hours of doing my head in with weight and balance realized that the set to payload to sim needed to be pushed twice , this is Nowhere in any manual or Youtube tutorial . 

The OP has made errors in his flights I can assure you,  but please be patient be civil and lets all respect each other here .

Regards

Lawrence

@M4cD with all due respect I suggest to read my post with nill emotions.

I'm also not a native english speaker and yes...the written word is prone to misinterpretation...

The forum Netiquette states clearly on the first page of this forum to NOT post lists. I still took my time to respond to the OP one by one and where I thought I need more information, I clearly and politely asked for it.

The forum FAQ also states clearly to not post for support in the General area, and I still took my time to answer one by one as good as I could.

The forum etiquette also states "Please search the forum before posting" which was not done due to the fact that the OP came with "BUGS" already discussed a lot (and some of them not beeing "marked" as bugs).

---So here you go and judge the OP and me on these three facts---

I also asked for the OP to give me / us specific FPLN to try to reproduce things he reported. So judge me again....

I also asked him to open topics about the sound issue so that I / we can offer support on that. Judge me again...

Now.... discussing over and over again on topics like cockpit interraction and clickspots and things that have been covered and have been discussed and answered a lot, then using terms like "I don't need excuses" and "I want it to work properly" by properly meaning "how I like and want it" is definately not realy civilized or is it? So did I put up a "tone" as a reply to these statements? Sure I did but I also offered the facts (where I could).

Is the CRJ 100% codeproof? No it is not and there will always be room for improvements...

On 12/13/2021 at 10:04 AM, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Please provide us a curvy route

It works properly since the new cockpit interaction is offered by the sim and was introduced with SU5 (also the fix provided from ASOBO did not work...again please do read our forum)

Please open another topic for this. AFAIK the Marketplace-Version had some bad files. I do not have this issue and also no tester is reporting it.

This is a bit rude. AS will not redesign the SIM and if clickspots are that big then yeah...due to the 3D perspective you could have one clockspot blocking another (also in a real cockpit you would have to lean foreward or move your hand around the Yoke or other stuff to reach some of the buttons. So please do adjust your cameras to avoid the overlapping of the clickspots ;) . Yeah...it's as simple as that...

Please provide FPLN / PIC / VID so we can test and report to the DEV.

And again your lack of information does show since this is again a sim limitation at this point (read the other forum and you will see that also other modders are aware of).

Re 1: It's already been reported by others but I'll do a comparison video one day.

Re 2: How can it "work properly" when I cannot click it? It worked fine earlier, before one of the updates.

Re 3: Here's a topic from the forum. One example:

Re 4: Reported by others already multiple times. One example:

Re 5: I am not required to read every single post in this forum and know everything, lest I would have no time for anything else. If it's an SDK limitation, just say so.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:57 AM, M4cD said:

And yes AFTER many hours of doing my head in with weight and balance realized that the set to payload to sim needed to be pushed twice , this is Nowhere in any manual or Youtube tutorial . 

This should be stated clearly in the EFB or the EFB should simulate 2 clicks when a user presses it once (launch the relavant function twice?), if this is an SDK limitation.

So just to summarize two of the problems...

Sound bug, which I have on all CRJs and all liveries:

No resolution. No acknowledgement.

SPEED bug:

Acknowledged. No resolution.

Hence my earlier questions...

Can we expect fixes for these bugs in the future? Or should we just accept them?

I just don't understand why you don't post a constantly updated list with known bugs and  priorities to fix them. I know that there is always a downside of being transparent with this subject but most of your customers will understand that bugs cannot be fixed all at the same time or even ever. But at least these discussions will be partly stopped and your customers know what they can expect to be fixed and what not, there are no major bugs in this software making it unplayable, it's a good product and I guess there will no customers not buying this product just because of these minor bugs being published (honestly if that would be the case Microsoft wouldn't have sold a single copy of MSFS 2020).

It would probably end most of these "Customer complaints about bug => did you check the forum answer=> crabby tries to be funny and mocks the customer => we are working on it or there is no bug answer" posts.

@mschultzi I dont think anybody is beeing that transparent. I do understand the need for customers to glimps and have a feel of whats going on but it won't help you much and will surely lead to other endless discussions: why is my number one priority bug not on the list? etc.

We need all to understand that the sim platform is evolving and constantly changing and if something breaks, it needs to be fixed on high priority. Other changes affect e.g. the interaction and since it works (with the right-left click) it is no showstopper and maybe moves down the list which would again lead to discussions if these lists were open. This is just an example and I personaly also do not favor the new interaction system ;) .

Thus beeing said I think it is clear that all products (including the CRJ) will receive updates and new functions (TERR and WY radar) when the SDK/SIM alowes it.

@GEK_the_Reaper, your explanation makes sense and for sure there are downsides of such lists,  it might not work as it will raise new discussions.."Why is my subject not on the list" etc

I know there are companies working with "known bugs lists" who made not only bad experience with it and had a more harmonious atmosphere in their forums.

You will never make it right for everyone 🙂

8 hours ago, mschultzi said:

@GEK_the_Reaper, your explanation makes sense and for sure there are downsides of such lists,  it might not work as it will raise new discussions.."Why is my subject not on the list" etc

I know there are companies working with "known bugs lists" who made not only bad experience with it and had a more harmonious atmosphere in their forums.

This is especially true when a significant number of legitimate issues get posted here without any response at all, or replies like "we'll take a look" and then have no update in the next six months. A centralized list of issues and their status would be greatly appreciated. Asobo gets a lot of deserved flack for their update processes, but the way they list out and prioritize their open issues along with status and targeted release is quite good.

12 hours ago, mschultzi said:

In a perfect world filled with people that have a certain amount of class and uncommon sense, you would be spot on.  However, I am on MANY boards including the one I run for my work.  I will tell you they are all the same.  They are all populated with moderators/staff trying their best, classy people who are trying to work around one or two problems even if they are special use cases, and then the ones who blame everything wrong with their sim, their pc, their life etc on whatever product or service is the subject of that board.  Some are constantly publishing and updating not only known bugs, but things they have found that have not been reported, new features, updates, you name it.  The mods/staff and the first class people are all just having fun or being productive with their products and services and making jokes and enjoying life.  Then the others are making demands like "it's been 48 hours since the known bug list was published and my life is ruined because I don't know when an update is coming" or "this stupid thing sucks and will never work, the company is run by idiots and crooks....oh my bad, I was trying to use a hammer to screw in screws".  It's a sad commentary on the modern world where keyboard warriors hide behind anonymity and think their downvotes or even upvotes make some kind of real statement.  They constantly revamp old reports because they think the issue will be fixed faster, like children screaming for Captain Crunch with Crunchberries in the cereal aisle.  Frankly, if I was running a board like this, myself and my moderators would reply to any report with "Thank you, we will look into this.  If we need further information we will be in contact.  Make sure to read the changelogs to see if this is addressed".  Lists, other than shopping lists, never work in real life.  From governments to companies to the crazy medicated basement dweller that is making his daily enemies list, they always lead to bad things.  Remember the only list Santa keeps is the naughty list. Even if Santa kept a nice list, those left off would be pissed. Also, once a list is made it must be prioritized.  No one will be happy with that either.  Me, I just fly the CRJ, in this case, dozens of hours a week and get full enjoyment from what I have.

I'm not sure if this is similar to what the OP was speaking to with regard to LNAV, but I've attached what happened to me while coming in on an ILS approach to KMQY here in TN last night. I think it was trying to fly the procedure turn or hold or something, and despite wanting to see what it would eventually do, eventually I just went direct to the final approach fix because I didn't want to wiggle back and forth anymore.

Please login to display this image.

4 hours ago, YankeeTendy35 said:

I'm not sure if this is similar to what the OP was speaking to with regard to LNAV, but I've attached what happened to me while coming in on an ILS approach to KMQY here in TN last night. I think it was trying to fly the procedure turn or hold or something, and despite wanting to see what it would eventually do, eventually I just went direct to the final approach fix because I didn't want to wiggle back and forth anymore.

Looking at the ILS for 32 at KMQY there is a published hold at JOPIV.  There is no procedure turn.   I have noticed that these holds are put into the FMC when selecting the arrival.  You will see an entry like Hold JOPIV then the next waypoint will be JOPIV.  I delete the holds.  They are there only if ATC says something like "AAL311 proceed direct JOPIV and hold as published".  When I fly that same approach from LNAV onto the ILS, I had no problems with the A/P fully coupled and flying onto the ILS.  I always scan my legs to make sure there isn't something weird and adjust as needed. 

@Crabby Gotcha, thanks for the info. I definitely remember JOPIV and JOPIV Hold in the legs list and I didn't understand what that was about. Had never come across that on that approach before. I've not done it much with the CRJ, just the WT CJ4, which I don't think really does holds atm, thus it wouldn't show up in the FP. Appreciate it!

• Herman locked this topic

Archived