P3DV4.5 HUD not showing with version 2.3.0.0

EDDM

Hello,

I have just downloaded the P3Dv4.5 version via my simmarket account, and I have tacpack installed, however the HUD does not seem to work, I cannot switch it on with the specific button. I have gone through the manuals but the HUD does not show nor for the F2 neither for the F6 variant, no matter what angle of view. However tacpack functionality is there. Is the HUD set up by tacpack or is it the Lightnings own gauge etc.?

What might be the reason?

Thanks for your help

EDDM

Hi

When you say the HUD are you referring to the PAS gunsight  on the F2a and the LFS gunsight on the F6 ? , is anything on the gunsight glass visible ?

It can only be a texture issue TP will not affect it .... or maybe your seat is too high / low .

DR

On 7.12.2021 at 00:53, wingman5 sagte:

Hi

When you say the HUD are you referring to the PAS gunsight  on the F2a and the LFS gunsight on the F6 ? , is anything on the gunsight glass visible ?

It can only be a texture issue TP will not affect it .... or maybe your seat is too high / low .

DR

Yes, I mean the PAS gunsight. It is not showing at all. The seat hight does not play a role. There is nothing visible at any seat hight. You said it migth be a texture issue. In the panel.cfg all entries seem to be there, as well as the textures, so where do I have to look?

Thanks

EDDM

Hi 

Don't know why I said textures .... must have been tired and panicked !

Lets check you have the switching right,

For the F2A

1  Raise the sight glass  ( either just the largest or both )

2  Select ("all on" from the menue and start the engines ) increase rpm until A/C and TURB lights go out.

3  select guns or GW on the master arm rotary switch

you should now have the range scale at the top of the glass and the target reticle in the centre

4  switching on the radar will introduce the closing rate scale above the reticle

Dave

vor 7 Stunden , wingman5 sagte:

Hi 

Don't know why I said textures .... must have been tired and panicked !

Lets check you have the switching right,

For the F2A

1  Raise the sight glass  ( either just the largest or both )

2  Select ("all on" from the menue and start the engines ) increase rpm until A/C and TURB lights go out.

3  select guns or GW on the master arm rotary switch

you should now have the range scale at the top of the glass and the target reticle in the centre

4  switching on the radar will introduce the closing rate scale above the reticle

Dave

I have followed all steps in the manual, tried every switch in any position, but the Gunsight does not appear in any seat height. I dont know what the reason could be. Once with the FSX version, everything went fine...

vor 22 Stunden , wingman5 sagte:

Hi

Can you post a screenshot showing  ( or not showing as the case may be ! ) the problem .

DR

Please login to display this image.

Hi 

That is not the F2A cockpit ! It is the F6 .

Check in the  Aerosoft Lightning F2A / Model.F2A  folders

you should have the .MDL files   ; EElightningF2a and  EElightningF2a_interior

and the model .cfg file should read ...........

normal=EElightningF2a
interior=EElightningF2a_interior

Dave

vor 22 Stunden , wingman5 sagte:

Hi 

That is not the F2A cockpit ! It is the F6 .

Check in the  Aerosoft Lightning F2A / Model.F2A  folders

you should have the .MDL files   ; EElightningF2a and  EElightningF2a_interior

and the model .cfg file should read ...........

normal=EElightningF2a
interior=EElightningF2a_interior

Dave

The problem appears on both variants F6 and F2A. Yes, alle model entries are there. It reads exactly like that. So no HUD showing on both variants. So...now?

Hi 

Well in your screenshot of the F6 cockpit the LFS sight is not switched ON !

To the left of the sight body below the rad alt light is a switch marked CRT / LFS switch it down to LFS .

For the F2A please attach a shot as before.

Dave

On 11.12.2021 at 12:03, wingman5 sagte:

Hi 

Well in your screenshot of the F6 cockpit the LFS sight is not switched ON !

To the left of the sight body below the rad alt light is a switch marked CRT / LFS switch it down to LFS .

For the F2A please attach a shot as before.

Dave

now here is a Screenshot with the CRT/LFS in down position. As I said before, no matter what position all switches are, the Gunsight doesnt appear.  And for the F2 I dont even know where there is the LFS button at all...

Please login to display this image.

Hi

You will not find an LFS switch on the F2A , It has the PAS ( Pilot Attack Sight) and so you must use the F2A switch settings from the manual .

If you have all the  right switch settings , I really do not understand why the sight reticles are not displaying, they are part of the model and textured with DDS image "Gunsight".  Further markings are used in TP for the F2A but TP is not required for the main parts of the display on either aircraft .

I have just downloaded a clean install into P3Dv4.5 , and all is as it should be.

Dave

Archived