Updates P3D V5

Michelmvd

Unbelievable what Matthijs Kok was announcing a few days before  … looks Aerosoft is now just developing for a sim which is not even mature for real simulation , until further notice it is just some kind of a xbox game ….

Well Aerosoft has deeply fallen in my eyes. Anyway their aircraft aren’t realistic at all to help for any study level simulation. 

Very sad action 

B.Rgds

Michel 

1 hour ago, Michelmvd said:

looks Aerosoft is now just developing for a sim which is not even mature for real simulation , until further notice it is just some kind of a xbox game

That's open for debate, I switched from P3D to MSFS this time last year and have no regrets and I can perform real simulation...just waiting for more aircraft which are coming soon.

Anyway their aircraft aren’t realistic at all to help for any study level simulation.

As far as I am aware Aerosoft have never claimed they make study level aircraft, in fact their aim is to recreate the operation of aircraft on a day to day basis. Which they do...realistically. So your point is pointless

very sad action 

So you want Aerosoft to lose money? This topic has been beaten to death, Aerosoft has said several times, any development for P3D will lose them money, why can't P3D users understand that? Yes it's frustrating and yes for us this is a hobby, but aerosoft have to make decisions like any other company, and that is to develop for MSFS as that's where the money is, and it's not just aerosoft, PMDG, A2A, ORBX, Milviz etc are all focusing on MSFS now, with little or no development for P3D.

20 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

So you want Aerosoft to lose money? This topic has been beaten to death, Aerosoft has said several times, any development for P3D will lose them money, why can't P3D users understand that? Yes it's frustrating and yes for us this is a hobby, but aerosoft have to make decisions like any other company, and that is to develop for MSFS as that's where the money is, and it's not just aerosoft, PMDG, A2A, ORBX, Milviz etc are all focusing on MSFS now, with little or no development for P3D.

Yes, that’s what they say. They say the market is dead because no new add-ons have been released for P3D. Guess who is the only add-on developer who hasn’t released a substantial update or a new scenery for P3D? Aerosoft. All others, while developing for MSFS2020, remain committed to P3D. 

As I said in the other thread, if all car companies stopped producing petrol-powered cars then the market for such cars would be dead too. Not by lack of demand, but by lack of offer.

The only thing they can do is lock threads that criticise their decisions and continue crying that P3D is dead. (Which it isn’t)

1 hour ago, Olivier7 said:

Guess who is the only add-on developer who hasn’t released a substantial update or a new scenery for P3D?

How many sceneries have ORBX released for P3D this year? I count 3 (at a quick glance) compared to the 25+ releases for MSFS, there’s even been more releases for XPL than P3D. I do see your point that Aerosoft have stopped completely but that’s their decision and realistically no one will change their mind, don’t forget Aerosoft have been in business for a long time (30 years?) and successfully changed between various sims, so they must be able to make good business decisions even if unfortunately it annoys a part of the community.

Moving to aircraft, PMDG were about to start developing their next aircraft and then halted it because of focusing on MSFS, and recently admitted even though they promised the aircraft for P3D it may not come to P3D now dependant on the market. A2A have also admitted recently that they are focusing on MSFS now they have accusim working and that they have been able to continue with P3D work only because of their US Government contracts and not the average user.

Another point to make is, people have been saying of course P3D sales have dropped as nothing has been released, I haven’t seen Aerosoft say this, but a few other developers have, when companies compare sales they compare them at release, i.e how many copies did the CRJ sell within the first month for P3D compared to MSFS, for example PMDG openly admitted the DC6 for MSFS outsold the lifetime sales FSX, P3D and XPL combined within 12 hours of release. For all we know, the profit margins on P3D products could be extremely slim even when P3D was the main sim   

As I said in the other thread, if all car companies stopped producing petrol-powered cars then the market for such cars would be dead too. Not by lack of demand, but by lack of offer.

Although I get this point, it’s not as simple as this, because of external factors, for example, in the UK we currently have a law/target in place of no petrol/diesel cars sold past 2030, sometimes it doesn’t matter about demand but other factors, however at the minute the majority of the demand is with MSFS, and even though there is demand from P3D users, it sounds like there’s not enough.

continue crying that P3D is dead. (Which it isn’t)

No one is saying P3D is dead, it’s not as you say, there’s still users, FSX still has users, FS9 does, XPL10 does, one issue P3D does have imo is the split of across versions, 4.5 and 5.2(3) which may make development harder, what Aerosoft are saying, is P3D is commercially dead, there’s a difference. 

I’m really not trying to be a idiot towards the P3D user base, I spent a lot of time on P3D, but I am just trying to explain as Aerosoft has that yes there may be 100 users on these forums going we are still interested in P3D and will buy addons, but just because there’s demand doesn’t mean it’s enough demand

From a business perspective I can see Aerosoft’s stance on the situation. However I do think P3D is not “dead” in fact LM released an update (v5.3) which shows me they are continuing to update the P3D. 

I understand that Aerosoft won’t spend much on updates as there are a lot of other developers moving to MSFS2020 and rightfully so it’s the new simulator on the block, and I can understand you got to go where there will be substantial profit. 

While I do wish Aerosoft will continue updating the Airbuses and CRJ for P3D I also understand the position they are in. I can attest that I have installed P3Dv5.3 and I can successfully load up the Aerosoft Airbus professional series in the sim with out any issues. ;) 

On 12/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, EasternT3 said:

How many sceneries have ORBX released for P3D this year? I count 3 (at a quick glance) compared to the 25+ releases for MSFS, there’s even been more releases for XPL than P3D. I do see your point that Aerosoft have stopped completely but that’s their decision and realistically no one will change their mind, don’t forget Aerosoft have been in business for a long time (30 years?) and successfully changed between various sims, so they must be able to make good business decisions even if unfortunately it annoys a part of the community.

But are these 25+ releases (everyone is pushing out MSFS sceneries nowadays) not just conversions instead of 'completely and newly build from the bottom up' add-on? Doesn't change the situation though 🙂 Personally, I hate to see where this is going, but it is what it is. MSFS probably has a much much wider audience than FSX/P3D has.

22 minutes ago, Jamie said:

But are these 25+ releases (everyone is pushing out MSFS sceneries nowadays) not just conversions instead of 'completely and newly build from the bottom up' add-on?

Some are, some aren't, one positive of MSFS, is it has brought so many new developers to the simming landscape, a few are partners of ORBX for example, these are built from the ground up but some are conversions, but in the main are still great

Ok! Did not know that. I'll stick with P3D for now, I do have MSFS and it runs extremely well performance wise, but the flight-model and weather model is pretty eratic to keep things positive. I'm very sceptic this will cange in future updates. So I will probably uninstall it and make room for either other P3D updates or jump to XP12.
Concerning P3D: there is an elefant in the room, the p3d license model. So I do understand Aerosoft's decision to stop developing for P3D for this specific reason.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:04 AM, Michelmvd said:

Unbelievable what Matthijs Kok was announcing a few days before  … looks Aerosoft is now just developing for a sim which is not even mature for real simulation , until further notice it is just some kind of a xbox game ….

Well Aerosoft has deeply fallen in my eyes. Anyway their aircraft aren’t realistic at all to help for any study level simulation. 

Very sad action 

B.Rgds

Michel 

I too believe that aircraft should be updated within point updates of a sim, I disagree that MSFS is not capable of real flight simulation. I own P3D 4 and 5, Xplane 11 and MSFS and going forward they are all improving, MSFS more rapidly than the others (I'm not including Xplane 12 in this as we don't yet know how much of a leap it will be). I hope Aerosoft change their minds and support aircraft during the v5 run.

22 minutes ago, eaim said:

they are all improving, MSFS more rapidly than the others

Of course, it is more broken than others. That is a fact. I'm not sure about Microsoft's commitment to keep improving MSFS. We'll see. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Of course, it is more broken than others. That is a fact. I'm not sure about Microsoft's commitment to keep improving MSFS. We'll see. 

Really? MSFS has a 10 year development commitment, as they keep pointing out, with another 8 and a half year to go. Plus their dev team is still growing. Of course over time as the sim matures that team will reduce or move onto the the next version of MSFS.

Archived