P3DV5.3 compatibility

MikaV

5 hours ago, wrs511 said:

Getting ready to taxi and external lights are not working only the wing lights. Airbus 321. P3D5.3. Lights working ok with PMDG, A2A.

So you cannot see taxi / rwy turnoff lights from cocpit? Is there somethings else to prevent operating Airbus?

7 hours ago, MikaV said:

So you cannot see taxi / rwy turnoff lights from cocpit? Is there somethings else to prevent operating Airbus?

Well... it is kind of hard to taxi at night in pitch black darkness without lights.

Following , was about to update to 5.3 but will hold off for now,a little upset that other developers are updating their products to 5.3 but not Aerosoft yet… I have always been positive and said good things towards Aerosoft on the forums in the past, but i just cant come to terms with the fact they are not testing their A/C in 5.3 ... should at least continue to support all P3D 5 versions up to V6 :( ... saying that thou past Airbus Versions have worked just fine each P3D5 version up to 5.2.

Thanks

Rich

40 minutes ago, wrs511 said:

Well... it is kind of hard to taxi at night in pitch black darkness without lights.

Are you using FS2CREW by any chance? ... I know there is an issue with one of the lights in the A330 i believe, that meant even thou the F/O turned them on it still would not show, so the workaround was to toggle it off and back on manually, maybe it's somehow been passed over to the smaller busses during the P3D update or the new Airbus version a month or so ago.... if you are not using FS2CREW then scrub what i just said lol 

56 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Are you using FS2CREW by any chance? ... I know there is an issue with one of the lights in the A330 i believe, that meant even thou the F/O turned them on it still would not show, so the workaround was to toggle it off and back on manually, maybe it's somehow been passed over to the smaller busses during the P3D update or the new Airbus version a month or so ago.... if you are not using FS2CREW then scrub what i just said lol 

Don't have FS2CREW. I do have the A330 and it works fine. Lights and all.

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

I willl test during weekend. First Impression, the VC is back again brighter in HDR+EA.

Thank you very much :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also for our A320 Series it does all look like it was looking in 5.2. 
I personally expect all to work.

I tested in default v5.3 with HDR and EA plus ActiveSky. No shader tweaks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/7/2021 at 6:37 AM, MikaV said:

Did you tested without EA, and lights are ok? I personally don't use EA because it's too heavy fps drops.

I also tested now without EA. I didn't notice any Problems compared to 5.2

I can also confirm that with A321 with EA on or off, external lights (landing, nose light) etc are working as expected and show ground illumination when running P3D v5.3. This was tested with Simwings EGLL scenery.

However one thing I did notice is that the default setting for the lights does not appear to be initially synced with the external view.

i.e when I loaded up the plane from C&D, while switching the lights on worked, switching them off in the VC did not change the external view i.e. the lights were still on.

I had to use the keyboard "L" key  to first set the lights to off together with setting  the corresponding position of the light switches in the VC. Once these were in the same state, all lights functionality worked.

Suggestion: for those that had problems with the lights, did you delete the Shaders folder after the upgrade to P3D v5.3 and ensure DL is enabled in your P3D Lighting settings?
If you followed the typical upgrade advice, typically after an upgrade, the recommendation has been for the Prepar3d.cfg file to also be renamed or removed to allow P3D to build a new cfg file. If you did this, in this case default Lighting settings would have been set and you may not have DL enabled.

This may be worth checking.

Note: Default aircraft is set to the F35.

Archived