Frame drops when moving camera and significant audio glitching

After updating the CRJ to the latest version, during cruise the audio would randomly start glitching (see video for example) and my FPS would drop significantly whenever moving the camera. This became even more of an issue when I got close to Midway and was on approach. The audio became so glitchy I could barely hear what was going on and my FPS were down significantly. I have not had this issue with any other plane over the past couple of days, and hadn't seen this issue reported anywhere else, any ideas?

Please login to view this video.

That would make sense, but I have no other indications of hardware about to fail. No other programs on my computer were having that issue, I was hearing vpilot audio just fine while the sim audio was glitching like crazy. It also got progressively worse as the flight went on, I did two complete flights and the behavior was the same for both. The audio went back to normal after I exited into the menu. 

• Aerosoft

I am not sure what to advise. if it gets worse over time, it could be a memory leak in some other software. 

The best way to debug this is to start your system with as little things running as possible and only with the CRJ in your community folder. If that runs okay it is a question of adding things until you have the issue again.

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Only addition is that the sound starts to stutter more and more as the time goes to a level that's un-playable..

I've uninstalled the CRJ and reinstalled with no luck. Linked is a video of what i'm experiencing at the moderate level.  It starts 30-45 minutes into the flight.  Before that the frames are perfect and no stuttering.  This does not occur with any other airplane.

I don't think your hardware is about to fail, i've seen a few people with this issue now including myself

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iao2aWYw_ErW-T1oMAqf03zYjlZWDj2c/view?usp=sharing

Hi Jonas,

My system specs are as follows:

Intel Core I5-3470 3.20Ghz

Nvidia GeForces GTX 1060 6GB

32GB Ram

MSFS on a 2TB HDD

Windows on a SSD

This happens gradually.  The first 45 minutes of the flight are fine (perfect frames and no stutters), but as it goes those sound stutters and frame stutters get worse and worse until this video shown happens.  It happens consistently.  Im currently testing with "Your Controls" uninstalled now and will report back.

Solution to problem: Uninstall your controls

After doing that, I am having no issues whatsoever, getting 70+ fps in the cockpit. There is of course the MSFS live weather issue, but thats a whole different thing.

(credit to u/stinjin on reddit where I also posted this)

And to Wrench18, seems like you found the solution without any help lol, props to you

Unfortunately this did not work.  Unless I uninstalled "Your Controls" wrong then it's not the issue.

Here's a video of the issue from that last run.  The frames don't seems to be an issue as much but the sound is still bad.  Could it be a paint installed?

@Wrench18

remove all content from your community folder ...  (just rename it something else unless  the CRJ is aerosoft store in which case you need to keep it in the community folder and just move everything else)

-- restart MSFS

Do a flight with the CRJ ... all good?  Well then start going through your add ons to find the offender....

FYI I am sure you don't want to hear this ... but...  Your CPU is not a supported device in MSFS or the CRJ.  ONLY 4 Generation and higher Haswell CPUs are supported.  There are Instruction Sets that your CPU does not support... Once upon a time after SU3 or WU4 which ever it was MSFS made a change and the CRJ would crash the sim  just being loaded... ie put it in the hangar it would crash...  This had to do with missing the BMI2 instruction set and how that was used in the deployment of Marketplace CRJs ...  Now MS fixed it so that the older CPU stopped crashing for that exact use BUT ... only time will tell when you could be running into other issues...

Also somewhere here someone was having other issues and they said they went away when they updated their Visual Studio C++ libraries... some were missing..  yes manual download thing to add them to windows..

Update for all:

The issue is fixed and no longer happens.  I removed everything from the community folder and now everything works fine.  On top of that my sim as a whole runs a lot better now.

The only addons I had installed were

1.  FlyByWire A320

2.  Your Controls

3.  A few CRJ liveries

4.  FBW A320 liveries

So i'll do some more testing and root out which one it was.  I'm pretty confident it was the "your controls" as when I initially uninstalled it I forgot to remove the folder from community.

I'll touch base when I figure it out.

2 hours ago, Jonas S. said:

Glad you figured it out @Wrench18! Hope you can share the root cause with us soon! :)

Seems valid that it is Your Controls ...  Maybe update the subject to "solved - Your Controls Addon"? not sure but yes another fun one that others will run into

Archived