CRJ 550/700 V1.0.15.0 - MSFS CTD Shortly after takeoff

odourboy

I just upgraded my working installation to V1.0.15 - I did a full reinstall after first having this issue with the Aerosoft Upgrader installation. Both the CRJ 550 and 700 behave the same way - shortly after takeoff (a few seconds), the sim closes. The flights were initiated on the runway, ready for takeoff. Whether I do a complete flight plan, or just kick the tires and light the fires (i.e. set the flaps, take off the brake and advance the throttle to TOGO), I get the same result - CTD shortly after leaving the ground. I removed ALL scenery from the community folder - same result.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this? 

1 hour ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@odourboy what nVidia driver version do you use? Asking cause the latest one (497.09) gives a lot of CTDs!

Concur. The most recent driver crashed the sim instantly after pressing Fly Now. It's also reported on the official forums.

Rolling back the driver to a previous version (the one from November) solved the issue for me.

Good news. It looks like I've resolved this issue. Updating to the latest MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2022 library appears to have done the trick. FWIW, my previous version was from September 2020.

2 hours ago, Crabby said:

Another case of CTD's WHILE flying the CRJ but not BECAUSE of flying the CRJ.  

And yet, the CRJ was the only aircraft to bring the simulator to its knees seconds into the flight. How would you interpret those symptoms? I'm not sure the intention of your remark, but it makes me a bit sorry I posted my findings.

vor 5 Stunden , odourboy sagte:

I'm not sure the intention of your remark, but it makes me a bit sorry I posted my findings.

"The written word is prone to misinterpretation" and yeah...thats Crabby :).

Thank you for updating us with your findings. I'm not a DEV and also not a coder but I know that the CRJ (as any other 3rd party ACFT) are coded diferently so every piece of SW will act differently to HW and SW configs. But it is also true that IF a SW requieres some sort of dependencies, those dependencies should be checked and installed accordingly.

On my end: I unfortunately had to set wipe my PC 4 times in the last 8 months (2 times because of HW failure / HW changes and 2 times cause of Win11 update). I installed the OS, MSFS the CRJ and I never had issues due to missing or outdated C++ libraries. I don't run much on my machine (I do have the MS Office suite).

Look at this picture and you will see the last time I reinstalled my system (Chipset drivers and C++ libraries have the same date).

Please login to display this image.

I'm not sure how it comes to missing C++ libraries on some machines (maybe some just like to uninstall anything they don't understand...not saying this is you!) but yeah....these things are a PIA to find and I'm glad you did it and it worked.

Neither one of the testers reported CTDs........

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add what Gerald said:

In case of the C++ Redistributables most people think that in this case C++ 2015-2019, is the latest version of the previous libraries (C++ 2010 ....). This is NOT correct!

Each of them is independent and if a software needs C++ 2013, having only C++2015-2019 is not ennough, you must have C++2013 installed.

Another problem: Some software installs during the installation process those libraries, but does not check if a newer version is already present. So it might happen that the latest C++ library gets overwritten by an older version.

So it is recommend to check from time to time that all C++ libraries are up-todate. AFAIK there is no automated update process.

12 hours ago, odourboy said:

And yet, the CRJ was the only aircraft to bring the simulator to its knees seconds into the flight. How would you interpret those symptoms? I'm not sure the intention of your remark, but it makes me a bit sorry I posted my findings.

My intention is teaching.  Too many people jump to the blame game without eliminating other possibilities.  Could be a sign of the times and forums.  There was a time when the only recourse was an hours long hold waiting for a tech support pickup, for any software.  This meant that we had to trouble shoot our stuff.  

Frankly the cause of most problems is NOT what you're flying or where you're flying into.  I don't know if you use or have used X-Plane.  If so, you probably ran into that flight where you are landing at KLAX, for example, and the sim CTD's.  Most people assume that KLAX or the plane is the issue, but you find, after finally reading the log, that the error was related to some airport hundreds of miles away.  

In the case you reported, I had that too.  This frequently happens after a Windows update as Windows decides what things your need and what you don't.  In fact, this causes a lot of "Windows broke my sim" posts all over.  

Then users become frustrated after posting because no one else sees the problem and they think they are being lied to for some reason.  

Just peruse the forum here.  Make a list of how many "AS sucks and the CRJ sucks and no other aircraft blah blah blah.....Oopsie I had a bad (livery, airport, missing files etc etc) you will find.  Also, take a look at how many posts you see where the cause is identified, as in your case and then how many new threads are opened because someone can't even do a forum search.  I will assure you that within a short amount of time, someone will come here all bent out of shape with the same issues you describe and not even look for it.  Look how many people started threads about the Marketplace update issue a couple of days ago, AFTER it was already identified, and the solution spelled out.   

Also, notice that I did not quote anything from you.  I am a simple guy.  If I am talking to you or about you, I will quote you.  Also, a quick life tip.  Offense cannot be given.  In fact, you will never here the sentence "I am going over to Bob's house and give him some offense."  Offense can only be taken and possessed by the supposed offended party.  Therefore, we each can determine to live a life free of offense if we CHOOSE to, or, we can choose to be miserable bags of water. 

vor 22 Stunden , Crabby sagte:

Offense cannot be given.  In fact, you will never here the sentence "I am going over to Bob's house and give him some offense."  Offense can only be taken and possessed by the supposed offended party.  Therefore, we each can determine to live a life free of offense if we CHOOSE to, or, we can choose to be miserable bags of water. 

Thats a good one! +1

Archived