Compatibility with P3Dv5.3

Ray Proudfoot

24 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

I wonder if the change in the affinity mask in 5.3 makes it a challenge to update SimStarter since it has that affinity mask calculator in it. 

Could well be the reason but I'm sure Cpt Pero will work it out.

Hi captain,

I had to reinstall P3Dv5.3 completely, doing a clean install.

The sim is up and running now. 

I uninstalled your program, downloaded v2.1.3.23 from my shop account today and reinstalled this version. Simstarter does not detect my existing P3Dv5.3 installation.

Autoupdate to V2.2.1.13 also does not detect my existing P3Dv5.3 installation.

P3Dv4 is still installed and detected.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, Goofey007 said:

How does this affect users that did not do a clean install, just upgraded their existing V5.2?

It is the same result, they will have to await the update also.

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, PettyCR said:

Simstarter does not work with v5.3 at the moment, is that correct? I tried to install Simstarter, but can not select a platform with only version 5.3 installed.

Please read the topic before posting. That would have already answered your question.

vor 2 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Please read the topic before posting. That would have already answered your question.

There is a discussion about the affinity mask calculator and thereafter the publisher says he will work on an update. I was not sure if it is just referred to the affinity mask problem, or if it needs a new version in generel. Therefore I asked a simple question. And a simple yes or no would have taken you less time to answer. I still don't have an answer and wasted time for nothing. Thank you, hope you handle everything in life so well as this thread

@PettyCR, the author is ill so you’l just have to be patient. I would guess the new settings in Prepar3d.cfg need to be included in SimStarterNG.

There’s nothing wrong with the way this topic has been handled. The only problem is with your attitude.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, PettyCR said:

There is a discussion about the affinity mask calculator and thereafter the publisher says he will work on an update. I was not sure if it is just referred to the affinity mask problem, or if it needs a new version in generel. Therefore I asked a simple question. And a simple yes or no would have taken you less time to answer. I still don't have an answer and wasted time for nothing. Thank you, hope you handle everything in life so well as this thread

Please allow me to point you a little bit more directly to the answer to your question in this topic (just 4 posts above yours):

Please login to display this image.

There is nothing wrong with my attitude. If it would have been clear to me I would not have asked. There is no need to be this arrogant and tell me just to read the topic. Neither this is a good attitude nor it gives me an answer.

I love to be friendly and helpful, I just reacted to how people speak with me.

vor 6 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Please allow me to point you a little bit more directly to the answer to your question in this topic (just 4 posts above yours):

Please login to display this image.

I overlooked this answer. My bad, but that would have been the answer I wished to recieve. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, PettyCR said:

There is nothing wrong with my attitude. If it would have been clear to me I would not have asked. There is no need to be this arrogant and tell me just to read the topic. Neither this is a good attitude nor it gives me an answer.

I love to be friendly and helpful, I just reacted to how people speak with me.

To prevent any misunderstanings in the future I would like to suggest, that next time you simply quote the answer you do not understand and ask for clarification.

From your initial post it is not visible that you just haven't understood an already given answer. Instead it much more gives the impression that you posted before reading.

18 minutes ago, PettyCR said:

I overlooked this answer. My bad, but that would have been the answer I wished to recieve. 

I gave it indirectly to you by telling you that the answer is already in the topic. There really is no need to answer questions multiple times in a forum topic.

But enough of that. I assume your question is answered now?

vor 1 hour , Tom A320 sagte:

To prevent any misunderstanings in the future I would like to suggest, that next time you simply quote the answer you do not understand and ask for clarification.

From your initial post it is not visible that you just haven't understood an already given answer. Instead it much more gives the impression that you posted before reading.

I gave it indirectly to you by telling you that the answer is already in the topic. There really is no need to answer questions multiple times in a forum topic.

But enough of that. I assume your question is answered now?

Maybe we can both learn from that situation 😉

Question is answered, thanks.

• Developer

Uhhhh gents...

SIMstarter NG P3D is not compatible with P3Dv5.3 AT THE MOMENT.

Update has just published to the BETA team and official release will follow soon.

Enjoy your breakfast! 🙂

Archived