P3D Version 5.3

• Aerosoft

Just a quick warning to all, we have not tested any of our aircraft on the new version of P3D. If there are issue we might fix them fast, but when it is more complex we will need more time.

I (we) fully understand that this is a large pill to swallow but please understand that these updates can cost a small fortune and simply do not bring in any money. They are pure cost. 

Having purchased the A330 and CRJ within the last week or so, I am wondering firstly if you have already noticed incompatibilities with P3D v5.3, and secondly if there is a refund option for people who have just bought aircraft if they will not be able to use them?

Yes compatibility would be really nice to know. I was considering purchasing the A330 this Christmas, but if there is no confirmation of it working with P3D v5.3 I would likely not purchase it.

38 minutes ago, CalumWE said:

Having purchased the A330 and CRJ within the last week or so, I am wondering firstly if you have already noticed incompatibilities with P3D v5.3, and secondly if there is a refund option for people who have just bought aircraft if they will not be able to use them?

I second this, I bought the A320 pro in the Black Friday sale - never would have done if I knew it wasn't supported within a fortnight. Is there a refund option in this situation?

vor 14 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Just a quick warning to all, as sales for P3D have dropped dramatically, we have not tested any of our aircraft on the new version of P3D. If there are issue we might fix them if it is easy, but for now please accept that we do NOT promise any compatibility with this new version.

I (we) fully understand that this is a large pill to swallow but please understand that these updates can cost a small fortune and simply do not bring in any money. They are pure cost. 

That’s fine. 

All my purchases from you have stopped as well. I’m done doing business with you. :) 

Why do you think that sales have dropped? Have you had a look at your products?

It is with decisions such as these that you chase customers away (who have been loyal for years).

Your loss, not ours 

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, Olivier7 said:

Why do you think that sales have dropped?

Because Aerosoft knows how much they sell for each platform.

This news is an honest statement from Aerosoft, so the direct approach is appreciated.  As a bottom line question, perhaps you could charge for updates to defray costs?  If you look at the features for 5.3, it is clear that LM is NOT giving up.  I can think of at least one scenery developer that charges for any updates when a new point release for Prepar3d includes new features where time must be spent supporting them.  With the approach you are taking, it would be a clearer signal to all of us if you would just exit the Prepar3d market entirely as we can't trust that you would remain committed to any platform; your approach is too ephemeral for platforms that remain actively developed.  In the case of FSX, I understood as it was truly defunct - but a source of income for many years thereafter.  However, not ALL of us will be migrating to MSFS, no matter how it progresses.  

Wow, I just recently purchased the CRJ and to hear this news is very disappointing indeed. I have no plans to abandon P3D as I have invested greatly in the sim. I also own the Airbus A320/321 and A330. 

So going forward you’re basically abandoning your existing P3D customers due to the price of making your products work?

Dan

I've been using MSFS since the start (in parallel with P3D). Apart from the CRJ and the modified C152 I've been limited in use. (The A320 fbw is coming along nicely though.)

Since MSFS itself is now going backwards - (Track IR no longer working) I decided to get back to P3D v5 and my favourite A330.

If you are no longer supporting it in its latest version I'm between two stools. Aerosoft has always been very supportive and communicative. Could you reconsider this sudden decision?

Chris

4 minutes ago, Dan Pergau said:

Wow, I just recently purchased the CRJ and to hear this news is very disappointing indeed. I have no plans to abandon P3D as I have invested greatly in the sim. I also own the Airbus A320/321 and A330. 

So going forward you’re basically abandoning your existing P3D customers due to the price of making your products work?

Dan

It is what they are saying.  I am impressed at how Lockheed Martin keeps improving the platform, so I, like you, will NOT be switching.  However, we are now market minorities.  The best bet is to continue to use your own monetary resources to reinforce your platform choice - not everyone has abandoned Prepar3d.

23 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Because Aerosoft knows how much they sell for each platform.

Well, I hope so! What company doesn’t know what it sells and in what quantities…. 
My point is: why do you think that sales for P3D went down? Maybe look at what you’ve released in the last year. Probably 95% of new products were for MSFS. If a electric car sales account for 95% of revenue, then maybe because they built more electric cars? I hope that you get where I’m going with this. 

As per the release of MSFS, you have found your new Eldorado and left the P3D platform as if it was dead. Let me tell you something: it isn’t. 

And maybe the drop in sales is the result of rushed releases (A320 & A330 for example) that made them a pain in the neck to fly. The A330 still hasn’t got a proper flare logic to date… 
Maybe if you concentrated on quality rather than on quantity, your sales would go up again. 

I do not own any of the Aerosoft P3D aircraft, but I do own many of your sceneries.  Regardless, for those that just purchased P3D aircraft (i.e., during the Black Friday sale), might I suggest demanding a refund from Aerosoft or the continuation of support for a reasonable period.  First, Aerosoft undoubtedly was aware that P3D v.5.3 was in development and close to release.  Second, Aerosoft knowingly advertised their product as compatible with P3D v5 generally -- indeed the website specifically says, even now:

• Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4.5.x Hotfix 2 or V5 (the latest version of Prepar3D is always needed)

The language clearly indicates that V5, including the latest versions, are supported without exception thereby creating a clear expectation that Aerosoft would continue to support the software for the foreseeable future or until v6 is released.  Third, Aerosoft provided no notice of its abandonment of support of products purchased through the website.  In other words, Aerosoft has engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices, including false advertising, that are contrary to its own terms and conditions which further incorporate the Ecommerce Europe Trustmark Code of Conduct and the Handlerbund Code of Conduct.  

Whatever their economic reasons, Aerosoft is not out of business, and it should not, and indeed cannot, avoid accountability for the representations it has made to customers.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, supera380 said:

Yes compatibility would be really nice to know. I was considering purchasing the A330 this Christmas, but if there is no confirmation of it working with P3D v5.3 I would likely not purchase it.

We simply have not tested this but will try to schedule that for next week. Keep in mind that a full test can take up to 40 hours.

We will however change our product pages.

• Aerosoft
34 minutes ago, Dan Pergau said:

No, where did we say that? What I said was that the product you bought was functional for the simulator that was current at that moment. As the product pages say the latest version is needed we'll try to make the product compatible with P3D v5.3. 

What we said was that we have not tested it yet and that new developments will not be done because there are simply not enough customers.  When there are incompatibility issues we will try to fix them as fast as possible. For the same reason we do not make add-ons for X-Plane 9, for FSX etc etc.  We fully understand there are still many many users on those platforms but they simply do not invest in any new add-ons.  SO loads of users, but commercially dead. Aerosoft does not make the market, we create what people want to buy.  We have said so over and over for the last year.

And just look around, almost nothing new has been released for P3D in the last 18 months. All the bigger developers are only doing new projects for MSFS

Archived