Wrong ICAO callsign for Norwegian Air Shuttle

Fjordkatt

The ICAO callsign for Norwegian Air Shuttle is wrong in the application. I fly frequently in Norway and noticed I never see any Norwegian liveried planes. I looked in the FAQ on this forum and it seems Simple Traffic only labels flights with the ICAO callsign "NAX" as Norwegian planes.

However, all flights I have found in by Norwegian in Norway use the call sign "NOZ".

This could perhaps be fixed in a future update? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Air_Shuttle

Attached is a screenshot from Simple Traffic Faq. There you can see Norwegain Air Shuttle with the, to my knowledge, incorrect callsign NAX. 

If this call signs database is made by Aersoft, they should change the call sign to NOZ. 

If that database is made by Asobo and Aerosoft use the same one, it should work - which it doesn't. So at one end the correct NOZ callsign must be used and could be changed accordingly by Aerosoft. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. 

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Thanks Fjordkatt, good spot.

Yes, Norwegian Air Shuttle and Norwegian Air Sweden both changed their ICAOs on 31st October. They've also been updated in the FlightAware datafeed used for real-time AI mode in MSFS, so yes the Simple Traffic codes are out of date now. We'll get that changed straight away and it will be fixed in the next update.

Note: AI Offline mode is not affected, as the flight plans reference the aircraft name, not the airline ICAO code. So only Real-Time AI is affected.

Archived