When is it coming to Xbox ? (unknown, but is available on Marketplace for PC)

Fungaming

So does that mean when we all update to SU 10, simple traffic will get deleted from the Xbox? 

I’ve still got the PMDG DC 6 on my Xbox which obviously got removed from the Xbox marketplace so hopefully not. 

Simple traffic was working well again today saw 3 different correct liveries at LGW in real-time AI same again in the canaries after spawning next to Tenerife. 

2 hours ago, Gstove said:

So does that mean when we all update to SU 10, simple traffic will get deleted from the Xbox? 

I’ve still got the PMDG DC 6 on my Xbox which obviously got removed from the Xbox marketplace so hopefully not. 

Simple traffic was working well again today saw 3 different correct liveries at LGW in real-time AI same again in the canaries after spawning next to Tenerife. 

Your so lucky and I’m so jealous!! I think I’d run around the house like a mad man with joy if I even seen just one correct match.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Gstove:

No, it should still work after SU10. At least it was still working for me after I changed back and forth between SU9 and SU10 Beta.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Blakeman083 said:

Exactly! I joined the SU10 beta, and had to reinstall all of my content. So I can’t even see Simple Traffic in the content manager. I would very much like my money refunded now.

If you bought this at the Marketplace, Microsoft will handle that. 

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Gstove said:

I am afraid so, there simply is no way to prevent this. Just ask Microsoft for a refund if you only use this product on an Xbox.  At this moment we do not believe this problem will be solved soon. 

• Aerosoft
On 7/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, DarknessAKAsk said:

using Offline AI is the same…not more then 4 or 5 different liveries are shown.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. That is why it 'can' work fine on small airports.

As explained, there is currently no way to test DLC on Xbox before release (we expect this to be changed) so we simply assumed the sims would handle things the same way (seeing the SDK does not indicate anything difference). If you bought this product for Xbox use, just ask for a refund. If you bought this for Xbox and PC use you have to decide if the PC version only is worth the money for you. A few tens of thousands of people thought so!

So to be clear, if you bought it for PC and have problems, check the manual (attached). It explains the optimal settings and the limitations. The Marketplace at this moment does not allow us to share a manual before buying, for most products this is not an issue but for something like this it is. If you still have an issue check the forum, almost everything that can happen has been discussed, make a new forum topic or simply drop us a ticket at: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/, we will gladly assist you.

If you bought it for Xbox and it does not work for you, simply ask Microsoft for a refund. 

Manual Simple Traffic.pdf

Thanks for the update, Mathijs! Do you suspect that this issue is related to the aircraft livery variety settings that are not currently available to users on Xbox? I can imagine that may be a longer-run problem to solve if they disabled it for optimization on the console.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I am afraid so, there simply is no way to prevent this. Just ask Microsoft for a refund if you only use this product on an Xbox.  At this moment we do not believe this problem will be solved soon. 

Thanks for the update. That doesn’t sound promising. Hope Asobo/MS is able to fix this soon.

It would be so frustrating to see another great addon not working on Xbox.

Fingers are crossed for a fast fix.

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, rockandrock44 said:

Thanks for the update, Mathijs! Do you suspect that this issue is related to the aircraft livery variety settings that are not currently available to users on Xbox? I can imagine that may be a longer-run problem to solve if they disabled it for optimization on the console.

The fact the settings are not available should not really be the issue, the fact it seems to default to very low settings could be the issue.  

• Aerosoft
14 minutes ago, DarknessAKAsk said:

Thanks for the update. That doesn’t sound promising. Hope Asobo/MS is able to fix this soon.

We have given all information and are, as always, totally willing to assist.  We are sure that when it can be sorted out it will be sorted out because what we did is really the lowest form of more correct AI traffic (that's why we called it 'Simple' Traffic). It is as far as we know the only way to adapt the AI traffic on the Xbox platform. 

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The fact the settings are not available should not really be the issue, the fact it seems to default to very low settings could be the issue.  

So it would still be the best solution to get access to those settings on Xbox so we can adjust it, sometimes you might want it High sometimes you want it low in variety so i hope they will give the settings on Xbox so you can release this product again and then in working order.

5 hours ago, DarknessAKAsk said:

No, it should still work after SU10. At least it was still working for me after I changed back and forth between SU9 and SU10 Beta.

Yeah I hoped that might be the case, like the PMDG dc 6 which got pulled from the marketplace months ago. 

Love this dlc maybe it could be released (on Xbox)  if it just states that it adds random liveries to the asobo aircraft and not correct liveries and then people wouldn’t expect the correct ones? 

That way people who are happy with it can keep using it and new customers will have lower expectations? 

I think lots of people are happy just to not have the asobo liveries and many of us are getting some correct liveries which is a huge improvement. 

8 hours ago, Gstove said:

Love this dlc maybe it could be released (on Xbox)  if it just states that it adds random liveries to the asobo aircraft and not correct liveries and then people wouldn’t expect the correct ones? 

That way people who are happy with it can keep using it and new customers will have lower expectations? 

I think lots of people are happy just to not have the asobo liveries and many of us are getting some correct liveries which is a huge improvement. 

This could be a good way forward. If you just market it for now as replacing asobo default - no promise of matching livery until it’s fixed. But would allow it to return to marketplace. 

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Gstove said:

No, too often will it just fill a total airport with one and the same incorrect livery.  The simple fact is that most people do not read a lot and they will buy it and be unhappy. 

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, raspian300 said:

Any news if this is going to be resolved soon? I know now it’s Asobo/Microsoft duty to do their due diligence. 
hopefully sooner than later

Sorry absolutely no idea. I would not expect it soon as it seems it will need a change to the sim. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Any plans to bring this back? You could name it ai liveries or something as it’s really great on Xbox but obviously had issues perfectly matching the ai aircraft and correct livery.

just explain in the description that it tries to match liveries but won’t always and sell it as an asobo livery replacer. 

it was only a few people who whinged (incessantly) about it and got it removed from Xbox marketplace. 

I managed to keep it until I had to delete and reinstall the game on my Xbox and now it’s really noticeable how much we need ai livery replacement on console and nobody else is offering a solution. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Gstove said:

-snip-

Unfortunately, there are not any plans to my knowledge. 

Just to clarify about the removal, we had asked for the product to be removed once we had noticed and confirmed the issue internally, as the product description/vision did not match how the product performed on Xbox compared to PC.

• 6 months later...

No longer at Aerosoft, but as the old Project Manager, I might shed some light on this. 

The issue with Xbox probably was a memory issue (we never actually found out), and the first report about the new model is that there might even be less memory available. https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/su15-avionics-abo-model-matching-is-starving-memory/8217

So, I am not too hopeful. However, if Aerosoft gets some assistance from Microsoft to determine the exact cause of the issue, it might be possible to tweak things. If it turns out to be a memory issue however, things look bleak. MSFS always was pushing the memory limitations of Xbox/Cloud. 

Mathijs Kok

PMDG