When is it coming to Xbox ? (unknown, but is available on Marketplace for PC)

Fungaming

Just got another livery in Luton for a wizzair flight this time it’s shenzhen airlines at least I’m getting some variety! 

Please login to display this image.

I watched 10 aircraft come into Chicago O'Hare (KORD) just now. I have online traffic on and no static traffic. Here are the results:

1. United Air 906 - United Livery (Correct) - Dual-Engine Generic Jet

2. Envoy Air Flight 3933 - American Livery (Correct) - Small Regional Generic Jet

3. American Air Flight 1087 - American Livery (Correct) - Dual-Engine Generic Jet

4. American Air Flight 111- Qatar Livery (Incorrect) - Large Four Engine Jet 

5. Southwest Flight 4727 - Southwest Livery (Correct) - Dual-Engine Generic Jet

6. Skywest Flight 5076 - Air Canada Express Livery (Incorrect) - Small Regional Generic Jet

7. Alaska Air Flight 1208 - American Livery (Incorrect) - Dual-Engine Generic Jet

8. Emirates Flight 235 - Qatar Livery (Incorrect) - Large Four Engine Generic Jet

9. Envoy Air Flight 4151 - American Livery (Correct) - Small Regional Generic Jet

10. United Air Flight 246 - American Eagle Livery (Incorrect) - Small Regional Generic Jet

This shows that online mode is hit and miss, at least in my setup at Chicago right now. I'd give a pass to the Skywest/Envoy small flights as I imagine those could be trickier to get right.

Online AI seems better? I expect I’m getting 80% right in smaller airports. 

I’m ok with that tbh. 

I can see why others are less happy if offline gives greater inaccuracies or less variety etc.

I don’t  know if the database can be tinkered with as it develops or of AI works better on the PC etc but if it can’t I still really like it on the Xbox. 

Reading here and the forums and ratings though, there’s obviously some less happy people than me at the moment. 

Loading into KORD on offline AI traffic set at 35 and no static aircraft. I have one American livery, one Southwest livery, a United livery, and a couple of bigger Qatar liveries. So it appears that Xbox is not tightly limited to 1-2 liveries or even 1 livery per plane type. But this may also be hit-and-miss, because I've definitely gotten airports where it's nothing but one livery.

Still havent seen anyone post a screenshot with more then 2 or 3 liveries at the same time at the same airport, if its working for you make a screenshot on xbox so we can see or maybe better a video. I did a live stream earlier to show our issues now those with no issues please post screenshots and videos of more then 2 or 3 liveries at the same time at the same airport

6 minutes ago, Fungaming said:

Still havent seen anyone post a screenshot with more then 2 or 3 liveries at the same time at the same airport, if its working for you make a screenshot on xbox so we can see or maybe better a video. I did a live stream earlier to show our issues now those with no issues please post screenshots and videos of more then 2 or 3 liveries at the same time at the same airport

I know you’re upset but your tone is a bit accusing?

Here’s two liveries (I described earlier) at Luton lining up for take off aerlingus and Ryanair 

then the schenzhen/wizz call sign lands and I capture it with the other two. 

I saw three correct liveries together at LGW today but I’m not flying around randomly trying to capture it again. 

Just now, Gstove said:

Heres two liveries at Luton lining up for take off aerlingus and Ryanair 

Yeah again 2, i been having 2 too, we need to see screenshots and videos of those that actually get more then 2 at the same time at same airport not 2 

The fact also is that it should only go to a random livery when the livery is missing, that’s clearly not the case right now

5 minutes ago, Fungaming said:

Here are a few different liveries at KORD a few minutes ago with offline traffic set to 35 and no static traffic. I saw Qatar, a generic yellow livery, United, Southwest, and American. But not a ton of them overall.

1 minute ago, rockandrock44 said:

Here are a few different liveries at KORD a few minutes ago with offline traffic set to 35 and no static traffic. I saw Qatar, a generic yellow livery, United, Southwest, and American. But not a ton of them overall.

I see 2 liveries again and 1 yellow default

Just now, Fungaming said:

I see 2 liveries again and 1 yellow default

No, there were more than two: American, Southwest, United, yellow generic, Qatar. The two screenshots were from the same airport at the same time.

4 minutes ago, rockandrock44 said:

However, it's very hit and miss. Here's KSFO with AI offline with nothing but FedEx planes at gates (and one heavy model UPS):

This is definitely the type of thing Aerosoft should be acknowledging and responding to!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, migsy said:

This is definitely the type of thing Aerosoft should be acknowledging and responding to!

Totally agree. Also, for people insisting they need 100% proof that more than 2 liveries can appear in offline mode on Xbox. here's KORD just now (Southwest, WestJet, AirFrance). It's not a technical limitation that's causing the lack of livery diversity, though it could be an Xbox setting that tends to make it less common than on PC.

14 minutes ago, Fungaming said:

We need to see screenshots with more then 2 liveries in the same screenshot

Why do you keep posting this, it’s not correct.

there’s three different liveries here.

Aerlingus Ryanair and Shenzhen

6 minutes ago, Fungaming said:

Ok so we get 3 liveries, still not what it suppose to be and specially not so random.

So now you want three different liveries but they have to all be correct? Or do you want three different liveries in non ai traffic mode? Which someone else has shown 

At least you know you can get three different liveries now. 

The manual makes it clear what the limitations are in AI traffic mode with liveries. 

I expect aerosoft will be glad of all the feedback the thread has provided anyway. 

We’re not going to get anywhere here until Aerosoft staff are back online and acknowledge there are issues to be resolved. Today has been incredibly frustrating, all due to Aerosoft completely denying issues raised earlier. 

11 minutes ago, Gstove said:

The manual makes it clear what the limitations are in AI traffic mode with liveries. 

Are you saying  this product is performing in line with its limitations?

• Like 1

All this time and I clearly misunderstood this addon - I thought if the simulator was pulling traffic with, say, the identifier prefix "BAW", Simple Traffic would always repaint it with a British Airways livery. I didn't think there would ever be a scenario where this would be "incorrect due to limitations" because Simple Traffic is just repainting based on the data the sim provides; in this case unmistakenly a British Airways callsign. 

In short - Unless an airline livery is not provided by Simple Traffic, it should pretty much always be correct. I mean, How can the sim be providing the wrong data if the callsign of the aircraft is displaying, at all? If Simple Traffic is really "Simple", there shouldn't be much margin for error when matching callsigns.

Anyway - It's quite clear it's not working this way, on XBOX at least. It's a shame that this is how the addon is expected to behave (as confirmed by Devs in this thread) and I will wait for another solution.

• Like 1

I been in email contact with Jorg, the big boss from the Flight Simulator team, he is going to look into it in regards to the settings we need on Xbox so lets hope for the best and lets hope that these settings will fix it for ua on xbox.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fungaming said:

I been in email contact with Jorg, the big boss from the Flight Simulator team, he is going to look into it in regards to the settings we need on Xbox so lets hope for the best and lets hope that these settings will fix it for ua on xbox.

Good going Fungaming.  Perhaps Aerosoft could take it upon themself to also push Asobo to enable those settings for xbox.

• Like 1