severe stutter after longer period of flying

Puuhbear

I have a rather gamebraking problem with the CRJ since WU7. It's only affecting the CRJ as far as I could test. All the other aircraft I tested seemed to work normally

After about 30 minutes of flying, the game starts to get choppy and stuttery. This will increase and get worse the longer the flight is. The game will stutter and the sound drops out. After about 90 minutes it becomes unplayable (1 frame in 2 seconds or so). 

What I've tried so far:
remove all addons (of course)

lower grafik settings to minimum

reinstall CRJ 

change from DX11 to DX12 and back

I'm running an i7 5820K processor and a GTX2080 GPU

Any help would be appreciated

If further information is needed I'm glad to give all information I can provide.

vor 7 Stunden , Jonas S. sagte:

Hi,

if you enable the developer mode, you can "show fps" and this most probably will mention a hint on what's the limiting factor.

Well yes. Thanks. But that doesn’t solve the problem. It’s limited by main thread. But why only after some time. And why does it get worse over time. And why only in the CRJ?  

And most importantly: how can I solve it?

12 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

Well yes. Thanks. But that doesn’t solve the problem. It’s limited by main thread. But why only after some time. And why does it get worse over time. And why only in the CRJ?  

What CPU are you running?

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

Do you do such long flights with other aircraft? I fly the CRJ regularly for more than four hours and did not experience that yet. Which settings do you use?

vor 12 Stunden , Jonas S. sagte:

Do you do such long flights with other aircraft? I fly the CRJ regularly for more than four hours and did not experience that yet. Which settings do you use?

I do. And actually they are not that long at all. It starts getting worse after 30 minutes. Settings are High but also tested with low settings and that didn’t make a difference. 

The thing is that this is a new problem. I have the CRJ since release and it started with the latest patch of the sim. 

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Only addition is that the sound starts to stutter more and more as the time goes to a level that's un-playable..

I've uninstalled the CRJ and reinstalled with no luck. Linked is a video of what i'm experiencing at the moderate level.  It starts 30-45 minutes into the flight.  Before that the frames are perfect and no stuttering.  This does not occur with any other airplane.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iao2aWYw_ErW-T1oMAqf03zYjlZWDj2c/view?usp=sharing

Please login to view this video.

Same issue here. I also posted on Reddit and got a reply from someone thinking that your controls was the issue because when they uninstalled that, it fixed it. Don’t know if that will work for you but it’s worth a shot if you have your controls.

1 hour ago, Wrench18 said:

Do you mean like deleting all my control inputs are re-doing them?  If possible can I have a link to that thread!  Thank you :)

I believe he's referring to a third-party application called YourControls which adds shared cockpit functionality so you and a friend can control the same plane. If you weren't aware of this, it's not the cause of your issue so please don't go deleting all of your control bindings. :)

@Puuhbear there are 2 topics about this issue, both pointing to "YourControls". Look here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/168517-frame-drops-when-moving-camera-and-significant-audio-glitching/&do=findComment&comment=1064844

Do you still have this issue? Did you clear the content from the Community folder?

Archived