OFP template details

Hi all,

I'm putting together a new OFP layout and try to keep it as close to the real deal as possible. While I was able to get a lot of things right, there's a few issues that still puzzle me and that I wonder are even possible to recreate.

The airline uses LIDO irl so it should look familiar to most.

1) This is what the upper right corner of the first page should look like:

Please login to display this image.

Now, for the cost index: If I just put:

<&#:51>COST INDEX<&#:65><&IsCostIndex_Begin><&InitCruiseSpeed[1]:3/R><&IsCostIndex_End>

it displays perfectly fine. However, if I want it to show a fixed Mach or Speed (not all aircraft are always flown with a cost index, after all), and use this:

<&IsCostIndex_Begin>COST INDEX <&InitCruiseSpeed[1]><&IsCostIndex_End><&IsMach_Begin>MACH <&InitCruiseSpeed[1]><&IsMach_End><&IsFixedSpeed_Begin>CRUISE <&InitCruiseSpeed[1]<&IsFixedSpeed_End>

it swallows an entire line of text and looks like this:

Now that line is taken from the default PFPX layout where it shows perfectly fine, so I'm curious as to why that is?

2) The line 'SPEED       ECON' should say 'VRBL' instead of ECON when a fixed speed or Mach portion is planned within a flight, for example over Oceanic airspace. I've tried several ways of forcing PFPX to replace "ECON" with "VRBL" for example by starting <&Oceanic_something_Begin> but that never worked. Any chance to incorporate that into one single template.txt file or would I have to publish two, one for oceanic flights and one without fixed Mach segments?

3) Does PFPX do protected/unprotected contingency fuel calculations?

4) Can I display the 'WX from ... to ...' text for the alternate in the same manner as for the enroute alternate? I solved it with the +/- 1 hour remark around the <&Altn1ETA> for now, in the real layout it's formatted in the same way for both enroute and destination alternate.

Please login to display this image.

Also, when planning without an enroute alternate, PFPX doesn't leave a blank line between the line for contingency fuel, and for alternate fuel which looks odd. This is the code I came up with:

TRIP<&#:10><&TripFuel:6><&#:18><&TripTime[2]:5>

CONT DES<&#:10><&ContingencyFuel:6><&#:18><&ContingencyTime[2]:5><&#:25><&EnrouteAlternate_Begin><&EnrouteAltn> WXFM <&EnrouteAltnEarliest[1]> WXTO <&EnrouteAltnLatest[1]><&EnrouteAlternate_End>

ALTN<&#:10><&AlternateFuel:6><&#:18><&AlternateTime[2]:5><&#:25><&Altn1:4> WX <&Altn1ETA[1]> +/- 1H

FINAL RES<&#:10><&FinalReserveFuel:6><&#:18><&FinalReserveTime[2]:5>
<&EROPSSection_Begin>
EROPS<&#:10><&EROPSFuel:6><&EROPSSection_End>

PLNTOF<&#:10><&TakeOffFuel:6><&#:18><&TakeOffTime[2]:5><&#:50><&TakeOffFuel[5]:16>      

DIFF<&#:10>......<&#:18>.....

PLNTOF<&#:11>.....<&#:18>.....<&#:25>(CORRECTED)
<&EROPSSection_Begin>
N.I.C.<&#:11>-<&#:15>0<&#:18>.....<&EROPSSection_End>

EXTRA<&#:10>......<&#:18>.....<&#:25>POSS<&#:30><&MaxExtraFuel:6/R><&MaxExtraFuelLimit:1>

TOF<&#:10>......<&#:18>.....

TAXI<&#:12>....<&#:24><&TaxiOutFuel:6>/<&TaxiOutTime[2]:5>

BLOCK<&#:10>......        <&#:25>TCAP<&#:30><&FuelCapacity:6><&#:38>.....
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
<&ContingencyFuelCaption:10><&#:10><&ContingencyFuel:6><&#:18><&ContingencyTime:5> AT DEP
(30 KG INCLUDED IN TRIP)

These, I think, are the main issues I ran into...gladly appreciate any input!

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived