No place to park...

Stelios Christofides

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Stelios Christofides said:

Arrived an Larnaca airport, Cyprus and there is no place to park...Traffic density set to 20...

- AI online/offline?

- static aircraft off?

• Deputy Sheriffs

How does it look with ST uninstalled? Since ST only adds more correct liveries, your issue is unlikely to be caused by ST. The best way to confirm that is to uninstall it and go back to this airport with the exact same settings and see how it looks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To me it seems as if the add-on is adding AI traffic. When I load at default LLCK and a traffic density of 30, there are enough empty parking spots:

Please login to display this image.

When changing settings such as AI Traffic density, I find it helps to delete my ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file from: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

On re-launch, the sim will create a new ROLLINGCACHE.CCC file automatically using the new AI Traffic density setting.

• Developer

Hi again Stelios

Simple Traffic includes offline AI traffic files based on real-world airline activity levels. In our files, each AI fllightplan is randomly assigned a Density Value between 1 and 100. When you set the Density Level in the sim, then the sim will only load Simple Traffic flights with a Density Value equal to or lower than that Density Level setting.

This affects the frequency of arriving and departing AI flights, but does not necessarily correspond directly to the percentage of airport gates populated with sleeping aircraft. The logic used to populate the gates is internally controlled by the sim, and the sim will still continue to populate the gates with upcoming departures within your Density Level setting.

So if you reduce the Density setting, whilst you will see less frequent arrivals and departures, you will still see a large number of sleeping aircraft at the gate. This is not something that Simple Traffic has any influence over.

100% corresponds to real world activity levels, which is more than the sim can currently handle. We recommend a current setting of around 30% in most areas, but you may need to reduce it further in particularly busy areas.

Archived