Upper Wind Validity

I went to plan another long flight today and get a message saying the upper wind validity of the forecast is not appropriate.  This type of thing has been going on a lot of lately and i cant plan any flights.....

It is very frustrating, any idea what on earth is going on with this once very reliable programme?

I assume you are using PFPX online weather with an active subscription?

The WAFC forecast for upper winds covers a 48hr period, the coverage period can be checked by mousing over the weather source entry on the status bar.

I didn't notice an error on the wind forecast yesterday and is indicating correctly this morning.

Possible reasons for the warning are generating a flightplan for a date in the future with the flight then exceeding the forecast period, computer date/time incorrect or perhaps a stuck file. For the latter set toggle weather to none and then back to online t force a refresh.

6 hours ago, srcooke said:

I assume you are using PFPX online weather with an active subscription?

The WAFC forecast for upper winds covers a 48hr period, the coverage period can be checked by mousing over the weather source entry on the status bar.

I didn't notice an error on the wind forecast yesterday and is indicating correctly this morning.

Possible reasons for the warning are generating a flightplan for a date in the future with the flight then exceeding the forecast period, computer date/time incorrect or perhaps a stuck file. For the latter set toggle weather to none and then back to online t force a refresh.

Ok thank you, will try that next time.

Another thing to think about... if you start planning a flight and then come back to finish it later, the scheduled departure time (which was fixed when you started planning the flight) may become out of synch with the freshly-downloaded live wind data. So you may also want to check to make sure your PFPX fight-planned departure time is still in the near future, and not in the past.

Archived