Which Fuel Policy when outside Europe?

If you bring up the fuel policy editor Ray the various options are labelled for US, Australia and Russia in addition to EU and ICAO.

In addition to the US Domestic and International Flag options Gary McGinnis produced a guide for Class II planning and associated fuel policies available here

As noted in Otto's link the carrier will use the policies of the governing authority where the aircraft is registered.

In other areas where you do not have defined policies ICAO could be used.

The fuel policy does not depend on the country you happen to be flying in... An operator will always have to comply with the fuel policy of the country it is registered in. If Delta was to start domestic flights in Spain, it would still need to comply with FAA fuel requirements, just like Qantas wouldn't stop using their Aussie fuel policy when operating from Singapore to Heathrow.

To further muddy the waters, operators sometimes have to adapt their policy to the country they are flying to in order to appease their regulator as well as their own.

1 hour ago, VHOJT said:

To further muddy the waters, operators sometimes have to adapt their policy to the country they are flying to in order to appease their regulator as well as their own.

I think I'll stick to using the country of aircraft registration as my guide, thanks.

Archived