Wrong livery chosen

RogePete

This is with live traffic: When airborne (mainly flying Europe, but also US) I noticed that several planes do have the wrong livery chosen, even if the correct livery is available with ST. For example a Turkish plane (according to live traffic and ATC) is shown with a Singapore livery. It's not always the same airline/livery. Seems to be random. 

That's not a complaint. Just wonder, if you know what causes this.

2 hours ago, RogePete said:

This is with live traffic: When airborne (mainly flying Europe, but also US) I noticed that several planes do have the wrong livery chosen, even if the correct livery is available with ST. For example a Turkish plane (according to live traffic and ATC) is shown with a Singapore livery. It's not always the same airline/livery. Seems to be random. 

That's not a complaint. Just wonder, if you know what causes this.

Currently the sim works as follows:

- It tries to match on-line aircraft on ICAO code

- If the ICAO code is found, the correct livery will be shown

- If the ICAO is not found, the sim will choose a random livery (so this explains why you see Singapore Airlines in this case)

My personal preference would be that in cas a livery is not found that a plain white livery is shown (or another default one you can choose). I have brought this under attention over at the Asobo forums, and it would really help if you vote as well: On-line AI model matching for not recognised lCAO codes - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Archived