NAVIGRAPH inside the EFB, is it possible?

TheCalVRsimer

Being one of those person who only flies in VR, I was wondering if it was crazy to hope that one day we will be able to access all of our charts from the EFB?

Thanks for any insights on the matter!

In VR the mouse pointer does not line up properly on the EFB, could this be fixed as well?

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, Blood_Monarch said:

With Navigraph charts available from the in game tool bar, in a window you can resize and move anywhere, i'm not really sure why you want it on the EFB?

Because in the P3d version integration of Navigraph Charts is available and as far as in the MSFS 2020 platform, no reason why it cannot be done as others (CJ4 / FBW a320) have implemented such integration. 

That’s why,

-b

4 minutes ago, Arty58 said:

Because in the P3d version integration of Navigraph Charts is available and as far as in the MSFS 2020 platform, no reason why it cannot be done as others (CJ4 / FBW a320) have implemented such integration. 

I believe there is a reason this currently cannot be done -- unlike the other aircraft you mentioned, the CRJ is coded using WebAssembly and I believe the SDK currently doesn't permit the remote calls needed to access external services. Aerosoft has already said a bunch of times that this is something they'd like to add if the SDK changes to allow this.

53 minutes ago, Aplato said:

I believe there is a reason this currently cannot be done -- unlike the other aircraft you mentioned, the CRJ is coded using WebAssembly and I believe the SDK currently doesn't permit the remote calls needed to access external services. Aerosoft has already said a bunch of times that this is something they'd like to add if the SDK changes to allow this.

Thank you, I stand corrected then. 
-B

(still want it tho LOL)

In a world where a lot of folks are, in my opinion, foolishly chasing frame rates, some things are better left done on another device like a tablet, phone or laptop.  It's all about pixels and I would not recommend implementing something that does not offer a true benefit.  In real life pilots carry their company issued Ipads or what have you on board and they are not an integrated part of the system.  In the sim world, the EFB's in cockpits are really just a glorified method of getting fuel and weight on an aircraft.  Slick yes, but trying to turn them into fully functional EFB's is a recipe for frame rate and performance disaster. I have tried both and I find that having my charts on a laptop next to my main screen is actually more realistic as I turn my head to see my EFB data and then turn it back to look outside.  

I would rather have an option to have the entire EFB on my external device and remove it from the cockpit view entirely.  A remote EFB over the network if you will. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

"Size matters." Anything on an in-cockpit EFB is going to be too tiny to use effectively no matter how many screens you have. And if it's window on a multimonitor setup, it costs frames. As Mark notes, "It's all about pixels."

Archived