RPN scripts (dealing with LVARS) no longer resulting in FCP knobs turning (value changes, but knob turning animation gone)

I use Axis and Ohs to opearate the CRJ panels, including FCP knobs for selecting course, speed, heading, etc.

Following RPN script used to work correctly for heading selection (example) - it was changing the selected HDG but also it was triggering the knob turning animation (visual feedback):

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE,·Number)

Now the script still changes the value, but no longer triggers the knob turning animation.

The only script which still triggers the amination is for V/S selection:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL_CHANGE,·Number)

The script structure is the same, so I have no clue why it works for V/S and doesn't work with HDG and all the other knobs.

The issue was probably introduced with the recent CRJ update.

What am I doing wrong?

I can turn the knob with the mouse wheel, the amination works, however I’m unable to tell if actually ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL is used.

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, steku said:

I use Axis and Ohs to opearate the CRJ panels, including FCP knobs for selecting course, speed, heading, etc.

Following RPN script used to work correctly for heading selection (example) - it was changing the selected HDG but also it was triggering the knob turning animation (visual feedback):

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE,·Number)

Now the script still changes the value, but no longer triggers the knob turning animation.

The only script which still triggers the amination is for V/S selection:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·10·-·dnor·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL,·Number)·(L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL_CHANGE,·Number)·--·(>L:ASCRJ_FCP_WHEEL_CHANGE,·Number)

The script structure is the same, so I have no clue why it works for V/S and doesn't work with HDG and all the other knobs.

The issue was probably introduced with the recent CRJ update.

What am I doing wrong?

I can turn the knob with the mouse wheel, the amination works, however I’m unable to tell if actually ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL is used.

Hi Steku,

I confirm that the ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_SEL Lvar is currently not making the button visually turn.
This is a consequence of the latest update indeed.

However, as you pointed out, the  ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_CHANGE Lvar is still changing the core FCP value.
So thr FCP is functional, but the visual clue on the buttons is indeed missing.

I will try to get more info about that.

Best regards. 

Good to know that it's not just on my side. Probably I have backup copy of the pre-update installer. Would you recommend to revert to the pre-update CRJ version?

Most of the knobs are affected by this bug, not just the heading.

The lack of visual feedback is painful for me as I fly in VR so I need to locate the knob on my Behringer X-touch Mini by touch only. Of course I can see on the display the value changing, but being able to see that the knob is turning allows confirming if I'm actually reaching for the right knob - the parameter controlled by this knob can be on the very different display (e.g. the landing airport altitude setting for cabin pressure).
With 16 knobs on 2 Behringers it's easy to make a mistake when reaching for the knobs in blind, even if custom 3D-printed knobs are used - not easy to differentiate and remeber (kind of touch memory) 16 different knob shapes by touch only.

There is a post by Aerosoft, that the patch is on the way for the blank HUD display after the last CRJ update. Any chance for fixing the knob animation LVARs in the patch?

On 11/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, SimWare said:

I will try to get more info about that.

Any news on this? Is this on the bug list to be fixed by the next CRJ update?

Or maybe even by the upcoming patch for non-operational HUD?

• Aerosoft
On 11/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, steku said:

Any news on this? Is this on the bug list to be fixed by the next CRJ update?

Or maybe even by the upcoming patch for non-operational HUD?

Hi Steku,

No further news currently.
When some update becomes available, I will most likely illustrate it in the Tutorials section.

Best regards. 

Well one item that might be "better" would be to recommend that the animations be connected to the change events...

It has always seemed weird that I need to Animate the Buttons (not switches though..) and Knobs along with hitting a Change Value with a 1 or -1 to actually perform the data event.

Maybe the Change of 1 or -1 event should be enough to also perform the animation??  equating it to clicking or pressing in the sim?

PMDG events worked in a similar way of having a data change .. however they also had Values that equated to Left Clicks, Right Clicks, Scroll Up, Scroll Down...  And those values would also make the UI click and change..  We did not need to also manually animate the buttons and knobs in and out..

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

Well one item that might be "better" would be to recommend that the animations be connected to the change events...

It has always seemed weird that I need to Animate the Buttons (not switches though..) and Knobs along with hitting a Change Value with a 1 or -1 to actually perform the data event.

Maybe the Change of 1 or -1 event should be enough to also perform the animation??  equating it to clicking or pressing in the sim?

PMDG events worked in a similar way of having a data change .. however they also had Values that equated to Left Clicks, Right Clicks, Scroll Up, Scroll Down...  And those values would also make the UI click and change..  We did not need to also manually animate the buttons and knobs in and out..

Hi Les,

Thank you for this insight. 

I will pass them to the developers.

Best regards.

Archived