Setting Heading Reference While NAV Is On...

Albert Gutierrez

After the latest update (Nov. 19, 2021), I noticed a behavior in at least CRJ 550 and 700 aircrafts -- I have not tested this on the CRJ 900 and 1000, yet. While in Autopilot with ALT and NAV on, if you set the heading reference it causes the airplane to turn towards the direction you are setting. Once you stop moving the HDG knob, the AP brings the aircraft back on course. It seems that AP gets confused when rotating the HDG knob, even if HDG is not engaged. This is fairly reproducible.

1. While in flight in the CRJ-550 or 700 and with AP engaged, turn on NAV to follow the flight path

2. Without turning on HDG, just move rotate the HDG knob either way.

3. The aircraft will momentarily move towards the direction you are moving the HDG knob

• Aerosoft

Hi Albert,

I've flown a few flights after SU7 and did not notice that (do you think this is obvious turning or rather hard to catch?). Could you provide us a video/screenshot or further details of that flight?

Are you controlling the heading with and external Knob controller ?  ie like the HC Bravo or Logitech Multipanel?

If so most likely you are controlling the default HDG paramater which the CRJ uses under the Hood to drive the stock sim autopilot when in NAV Mode.

Archived