Squashed map /w horrible aspect ratio - fix?

Hi Everyone. Checked the forum and didnt find anything about this. 

Where is the setting for the world map aspect ratio? (main map and route editor as well)

this amateurish looking map aspect that reminds the 4:3 to 16:9 change days is mega annoying especially if you want to reconstruct recent flights from Flightradar for example. 

all the EU countries appear way out of their proportions, guessing fixes, border crossings etc are much harder like this.

why is it like this at all in 2021? 

Please login to display this image.

It's the type of projection chosen, and it works fine.

All I've seen is you come in here recently, make rude posts to people who try to help you and bad-mouth the program and its developers, whilst downvoting everything in sight (unless that's a coincidence).

Your attitude stinks.  If you want help, I suggest you modify it.

By the way, real-world flight-planning software is not necessarily pretty and perfect like Google Maps or something, even in 2021!

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

It's the type of projection chosen, and it works fine.

Indeed, and it is one that used pretty often in aviation.  The borders between countries are the darker grey/blue lines you see, if you find it hard to see them, can I suggest color calibrating your monitor because they are very visible in your screenshot on my screen. I do agree that is you want to see Liechtenstein things get a bit hard.

It is 100% normal to ask questions and everybody here will gladly assist you. As I did and as VHOJT did. But with the words you use you will not be allowed many posts on this forum. This your last and only warning.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, the objective of the map is to show Flight Information Region (FIR) boundaries, not country boundaries. See those 4 letter designators like EDUU? That's the ID for the Rhein FIR. Notice also there's no country with that name, nor is there one named "Scottish." So, your assumption that the borders are countries is what's at fault. In real life, pilots care far less what country they're over and much more who to talk to when they need the services offered.

If you're actually interested in learning something about FIRs, see Wikipedia here.

Archived