Atc messed up after Simple Traffic installation

Guglielmo

Hi, I proceeded to install the program as per your instructions on the manual. The ATC has become almost impossible to manage, a continuous of calls referred to other companies, which do not allow to answer, with the risk of not being able to send communications in time. It happens to me from the installation of your software. Thanks

I think you are using the off-line option? This option adds a lot of traffic compared to the on-line option, so indeed it can be a little more busy then you are used to.

• Developer
On 11/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, Guglielmo said:

a continuous of calls referred to other companies, which do not allow to answer

Hi Guglielmo

In AI Offline mode, try reducing the AI Aircraft Traffic Density setting. This will reduce the frequency of AI airplane communications with ATC.

We find that 30% is about right.

Part of the problem is the Offline AI to ATC interaction; the baro setting for them is incorrect above FL180, hence you're hearing all that climb or descend instructions. That's a sim defect, not Simple Traffic. Reducing your Density will reduce the amount of radio calls, but that's not really even a workaround.

Can't say exactly if it started with SU7 or after the Installation of Simple Traffic. But right now in AI Offline Mode the ATC is nearly completely blocked by "please expedite your decent /climb" messages of the AI planes. Also "you are .... below your assigned altitude" Messages are quite often. 
It seems like the bug in the past. Was that reinduced by SU7 or is it because of the higher traffic rate in ST?

I will try other settings then the 30% i have now.
Made a flight today from Bremen to Friedrichshafen with the (lovely) CRJ and never had a flight before where i have seen so many other airplanes. 
So i guess you are right. 

• Developer

Hi Flieger1974

Please see this MSFS forum post for details relating to this issue with the ATC, and to vote for fix: AI traffic repeatedly being told to expedite - Bugs & Issues / ATC & NAVAIDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

AI piloting and ATC comms are controlled internally by the sim, not by Simple Traffic, so it's not something we can influence ourselves unfortunately.

Archived