Cargo fleet incoming....

Ah, I thought it was just “magic” causing me to see more “browntails” at KSDF. One question I do have though.. Do I never see UPS 747s because we operate the 747-8F, 747-400F and 747-400BCF while the simulator only has the 747-8i ? I see a lot of UPS A380s, which we almost bought back in the day, but no 747s. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen any generic Ai 747 flying around, even prior to Simple Traffic.

• Developer
On 11/28/2021 at 2:34 PM, part121 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any generic Ai 747 flying around

That's right part121,

MSFS only has one version of each generic AI plane type (one generic Twin-jet, one generic Quad-jet, etc). The MSFS generic Quad-jet does resemble an A380, but like all the MSFS generic AI planes, it is really meant to be a generic representation of any type of Quad-jet.

Out of the box, the default MSFS 747-8i doesn't function as an AI aircraft, just as a flyable aircraft. However, you could always install a dedicated 747 AI add-on aircraft, alongside Simple Traffic. As long as an add-on aircraft is correctly configured to function as AI, and is correctly configured with the UPS ICAO code and livery, then MSFS will display that model in precedence to the Simple Traffic generic AI model (but your frame rates will probably tank unless the add-on model is optimised for AI, of which there can be hundreds in the sky at the same time, depending on the time and location).

Archived