MSFS Worldupdate 7

• Deputy Sheriffs

Until now I never had problems updating MSFS via the MS Store. The store recognizes that there is an MSFS update available. And I also can start the update but then it stops and I always get an error message "0x80070149" = An operation is currently in progress with the device. I restarted my PC various times but nothing changed this behaviour. And MSFS (still on update 6) works well. Any ideas what I can do?

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

It seems that the error-code is misleading and that the basic problem is a missing "Update for Windows 10, Version 20H2 – Error 0xc1900223" which MSFS WA7 requires. Until now I could not find a on my system workable solution for this Windows 10 update problem. The only way to solve the problem might be a complete new installation of Windows 10 - even an upgrade to Windows 11 does not work based on this missing update -. I will let you know as soon as I solved the problem.

Regards,

Rolf 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As assumed the basic problem was the Windows 10 update 20H2. After running the "Windows 10 Update Assistent" the update 20H2 was installed. Automatically after that the MSFS update in the MS Store started and was installed. I am now on version 1.21.13.0 and downloading the content update of 33,40 GB. So my problem seems to be solved even that the MS error codes gave no hint of the basic problem.

Regards,

Rolf 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you for sharing what you discovered. Glad to hear the issue seems to be solved too.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived