AP Will Not Engage / Radio Not Working

The autopilot will not engage and the radio is not working.  Used DAVE to start in ready for taxi.  Check yaw dampers.  Getting message that L Rev and R Rev are armed, but they aren't.  See screenshots.  Help, please?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I just checked this. I switched to Cold & Dark in the EFB; the ATC windows switched to what your screenshot shows. Then I clicked Ready for Taxi and the ATC window changed to COM1/2/3 right after the battery switched on. I was able to switch on the autopilot without any problem.

My first idea on this would be hardware. I know that several people had problems with the controls settings after Sim Update 7. So, may be there is something colliding with the Avionics Master Switch (for ATC) and the Autopilot Master Switch. My recommendation is that you check your controls setting for this or, if you don't have any custom controls settings, just reset them to default.

Another possible reason for the autopilot disconnect would be a noisy signal from a joystick axis. In this case, you can try to reduce the AP Disconnect sensitivity in the EFB (Options, Page 1)

I would double check the Assistance settings too.  I had a friend last night flying and he reported the same issues.  Fixed by turning off ALL Assistance options.  

@David Opderbeck nice to hear you got it working.

For the future: when ever you encounter something weird, either:

1) revert to the DEFAULT control profiles (cause some sim updates add commands that are badly bound to buttons or axis on user created profiles)

-or-

2) create completely new empty profiles and check the behaviour.

Archived