Marketplace Version Update?

Agrajag27

How does one go about updating the Marketplace version of the plane? I noticed during updating of SU7 that my CRJ is version 1.0.9 and there's several versions beyond this, but all I get is "Package Failed" when I try to update from within the Content Manager. 

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Agrajag27 said:

How does one go about updating the Marketplace version of the plane? I noticed during updating of SU7 that my CRJ is version 1.0.9 and there's several versions beyond this, but all I get is "Package Failed" when I try to update from within the Content Manager. 

Thanks.

All addons purchased from the Marketplace can only be updated via the sim.  When on the main sim menu, select Profile from the top bar.  Then select content manager.  Any available updates will be shown on the top left.  If there are none shown there are none available and further assistance/support will be needed from Asobo.  AS can do nothing about what shows up to be updated or not, other than providing the updates to Microsoft/Asobo.  The process is far from perfect with addons purchased there.  My recommendation is to always buy from the developer/publisher.  It is too late for you regarding the CRJ, however keep that in mind for the future.  I can make a long list of why this is the best practice today ranging from not dealing with DRM issues to ease of updates both for the addon and the sim itself. 

3 minutes ago, Crabby said:

All addons purchased from the Marketplace can only be updated via the sim.  When on the main sim menu, select Profile from the top bar.  Then select content manager.  Any available updates will be shown on the top left.  If there are none shown there are none available and further assistance/support will be needed from Asobo.  AS can do nothing about what shows up to be updated or not, other than providing the updates to Microsoft/Asobo.  The process is far from perfect with addons purchased there.  My recommendation is to always buy from the developer/publisher.  It is too late for you regarding the CRJ, however keep that in mind for the future.  I can make a long list of why this is the best practice today ranging from not dealing with DRM issues to ease of updates both for the addon and the sim itself. 

Yeah, I went back and forth on this. DRM in X-Plane was actually the reason I sent with the Marketplace as many of the devs for their planes use annoying DRM. I just figured MS wouldn't do that. I did just get it updated, but had to resort to uninstalling it and then re-adding it (via the in-game Download option), which is ludicrous.

I  bought a few sceneries early on from the Marketplace.  The simple fact that I had no control over where to put them or how to organize them made me move away.  I then saw many others having issues with the DRM and update hangs.  For me the sanity saver was not buying there anymore and using Addons Linker from flightsim.to to organize all my stuff and then add symbolic links into the community folder.  That way I can empty my community folder with a simple mouse click when the sim updates so I don't have surprises.  Then after the update I can add things back in as I need them to make sure all is stable and some livery/scenery is not going to cause me grief.  Plus, if I need to know if I have a particular airport, I can just use the linker or file explore to check based on my file system.  If you had XOrganizer for XPlane, Add On Linker is very similar in function but at not cost. 

Archived