Update showing in Aerosoft One that doesn't match version number of product online

ryan242

Hello there,

After Sim Update 7 I went on Aerosoft One to see if there were any pending updates, and saw one for the CRJ, marked as 'Version 1.0.14.0' - However, when I install it, my antivirus goes haywire claiming that there is malware hidden inside the product. I decided to then go online to see what the actual version number of the CRJ was currently and saw that it's still on 1.0.11.0.

Upon further inverstigation, I typed in my version number on Google and noticed that there was a rather dodgy looking site with the CRJ uploaded on it matching the same version number as in my Aerosoft One launcher. Can someone clarify what version we're on for the CRJ and why my Aerosoft One client may have picked up a version that doesn't actually exist? I don't want to update anything just to be safe. I've attached a screenshot to highlight my concern.

Please login to display this image.

3 minutes ago, Puuhbear said:

1.0.14.0 is the one I have installed

Aerosoft One Store Version

Likewise, however this is showing under the actual Aerosoft store, was just wondering why there is a discrepency and if the download from the Aerosoft One client was legitimate, looking on the forums it looks like we're also still on 1.0.11.0 there.

1 minute ago, Puuhbear said:

Very strange. I wonder why it's showing up as a different version number for the one in the store online to the one in the app, considering it's the same product...

• Aerosoft

Hi,

the latest version is available via Aerosoft One. The difference in version numbers might be the result of a different versioning "system" in the MSFS marketplace.

• Developer

The 550/700 is indeed Version 1.0.11.0. The 900/1000 and the bundle along with it were bumped to 1.0.14.0 because of an issue with some knobs in the -1000. The jump from 10.11.0 to 1.0.14.0 is because the Marketplace increases the version number every time the ingestion process is done and this was required to implement the 900/1000 upgrade. So, basically 1.0.11.0 equals 1.0.14.0 in everything but the -1000 knobs.

Sorry for the mess, but everything is OK. Really 🙂

Archived