Forum search in mobile browser

zenit_swe

This is a small request about the forum itself and I hope it's ok to post it here.

Before we post a question it's more or less mandatory to search the relevant forum section to see if anyone has asked it before. However, that's easier said than done on a mobile phone and 98.9% of the time I spend on this forum I do it on my mobile and I guess I'm not the only one.

On the desktop version of the forum there's an option to choose where you want to search. I find the option "search in this forum" particularly useful since I'm usually only interested in posts regarding a certain product. However, on the mobile version of the forum this option isn't available for some reason. That makes it unnecessary hard to find related posts and may be why we see so many re-posts about things that has been already answered.

I've attached two screenshots that shows the desktop vs mobile version. I was hoping you could add the "search in" option on the mobile version, that would make life much easier for all of us 🙂

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, Jonas S. said:

Hi @zenit_swe,

If you select the content type „topic“ then you should be able to look in certain forums as shown on the screenshot below. :)

Didn't know that, but I tried it and there are some caveats with that method:

1. It takes quite some time to navigate to the forum of interest. Everytime I tap on a forum it shows a loading animation before it shows the child forums

2. Once I've reached the CRJ forum it turns out I can't choose that as the topic to search in. So if I want to search for something regarding the CRJ I have to choose every single section.

Archived