No ATC parking code included?

Er!k

@Mathijs Kok @Simple Traffic

I was just browsing the various liveries and corresponding aircraft.cfg and noticed the line: atc_parking_codes = "" is empty.

If you want to have airlines park at a correct location this line must be filled (i.e. atc_parking_codes = "AFR" for Air France), but also in the airport file (assign this code to one or more gates)...

Currently I think no developer has assigned airlines to their gates because this was easy to achieve in FSX/P3D with ADE, but for MSFS there is no seperate AFCAD file.

Since AI is now upcoming, and Simple Traffic is new I hope you will consider to add the correct atc_parking_codes = "" for every paint so hopefully in the future they park at the correct location as well!

• Developer

Hi Erik

Yes we would definitely consider implementing that in a future update, once we start to see airports with accurate parking codes built in. At the moment, we leave them blank intentionally to reduce the chance of any conflicts.

14 minutes ago, Simple Traffic said:

Hi Erik

Yes we would definitely consider implementing that in a future update, once we start to see airports with accurate parking codes built in. At the moment, we leave them blank intentionally to reduce the chance of any conflicts.

Thanks for the reply! Personally I think it is best to include them already so the tool is ready when the first airports come in (I also think some airports already include does codes since they were ported from FSX/P3D)... I cannot think of any conflicts by adding these values already?

I hope to prevent a chicken-egg story :)

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes..... but that would mean specific files, for specific add-ons, within months Simple Traffic would be totally impossible to manage. 

Hi Mathijs, the fields are already included, but empty. And I am only talking about 'atc_parking_codes = "" '. You also have 'atc_parking_type = ""' where GATE, RAMP,CARGO can be filled... I have lots of AI experience (being part of AIG as well), and adding this code does not harm at all.

Archived