Looking back on the first 32 hours....

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, Thijs010 said:

Really have so much respect for Mathijs handling these processes. Thumbs up! Thanks for your wonderful products. Enjoy your wine Mathijs!

Thijs, when I am still working at 23:07 local I tend to agree. But honestly? We are all still riding the high. And trying to sort the issues.

• Like 2

Thanks for the insights. Honestly, I asked myself why this has not been detected in the tests...but sometimes it's just bad luck. The long loading times suck, no question about it. But Aerosoft would not be Aerosoft if They would not be able to fix this. In the meantime, we have to be patient.

Thanks for the hard work and greetings from KATL (yes, it sucks that ST does not work at my home airport)

• Upvote 1

Interesting read.

Nothing surprises me with this simulator to be honest including unexpected issues.

I spent several months working on something that transformed The Lake District in the UK, it looked amazing. Asobo did an update and broke it unfortunately and I just lost interest in doing anything after that so I have a great deal of admiration for people who do add ons of any kind for the sim. 

• Thanks 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Aerologic said:

I asked myself why this has not been detected in the tests...but sometimes it's just bad luck.

And sometimes it is nearly impossible. E.g. we had a product which didnt load for some users. So I decided to buy it and experienced the same issue. One of the team bought it also and had no issues. Strange at all. Then we found out that my version bought from the dev/publisher directly had files which were not included in the version sold on the marketplace and this was the version loading without a problem.

And we had several other products which loaded for one person but not the other. And with over 20.000 airports in the sim plus their replacements through 3rd party (payware/freeware), ou have so many combinations it is more good luck to find out those which are not working.

But mean while an update is availabe which adresses also the upcoming ... you guess what ;) , and the problems should be solved.

• Like 1

• Developer
6 minutes ago, cbc said:

Just tried the update, seems to be working well on my system. We just need Asobo to sort out the ludicrous behaviour of the models now, pirouetting aircraft at a hold short line being an obvious issue.

Hi cbc

Glad to hear it's working. Thanks for reporting back, and thanks for your patience while we got it sorted.

• Like 1