[Important] Sim does not load at Aiport? Please report here!

Jonas S.

Hi there, first time posting here.

Simple Traffic is causing *some* issues on selected airports for me which shows as long/infinite load times for a flight.

The most repeatable one for me is the 3rd party freeware Gatwick Airport EGKK Ultra Full Edition. I've not had any issues with this scenery before now.

Last night loading a flight in FBW A320nx from EGKK-> EIDW (EIDW is by MK-Studios), I had the loading flight 'blue progress bar' go from left to right of screen but flight never launches (or at least it hadn't after 15min)

The reverse journey (EIDW->EGKK) using same airports and the flight loads fine.

Both flight plans done via std world map flight planner and start at gate.

When I set EGKK back to default FS2020 scenery then it launches fine, so there's definitely an issue with some add on airport sceneries and Simple Traffic.

Annoying, but other than that I really like this add on.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

You haven't made your homework properly, there are at least two more topics for the same problem

Right, I thought that two were enought to explain my point, but thank you anyway.

So you wanted one single topic, but with your action you got FIVE of them. (Nice job!)

I'm not angry at all, I have no problem into wait for a solution. Yesterday I reported this issue to help anyone. 

I'm just asking you to be more respectful of your customers. (read the thread I mentioned and you will understand).

Anyway, looking at how well and beautifull Simple Traffic runs, it seems that you didn't your homeworks too. 

DrzewieckiDesign KDCA.

If I Uninstall the scenery and revert to the default KDCA, the flight will load with with Simple Traffic installed. The opposite is also true. If I uninstall Simple Traffic and install DrzewieckiDesign KDCA, the flight will load. 

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, thomasl123 said:

Using AIG, for free, and no porpblems,.......

And as written in this forum, we like AIG very much! I did have some serious issue installing it though, not really install and forget as we had in mind. We also needs to be on the Marketplace and on Xbox where AIG can never be. 

Dear Mathijs,

i have a lot of your addons already for MSFS, and let me tell you, your company is trying

fix all the issuses. And that is really rare. Thank you for that.

For example Gaya, i wrote already to them since March this year, doesn`t react at all.

This is now 8 month. I wrote in facebook, the forum...nothing at all.

So i know you will fix this problem, and go on!

All the best!

Thomas

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, thomasl123 said:

Dear Mathijs,

i have a lot of your addons already for MSFS, and let me tell you, your company is trying

fix all the issuses. And that is really rare. Thank you for that.

For example Gaya, i wrote already to them since March this year, doesn`t react at all.

This is now 8 month. I wrote in facebook, the forum...nothing at all.

So i know you will fix this problem, and go on

Thanks for the kind words! By now we have a pretty good idea what is causing this, we just need to see how we handle it. 

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, Misteroscar said:

I think it would be fair to remove this product from the market until a solution is found.

We have 73 people who reported an issue and several thousands of customers.  It is clear there i an issue for some people (and we know one airport where it will cause issues for all customers) and we have a pretty good idea why. We'll send a test file to Asobo and they will see if our idea is correct. When that is done we know if we have to do something. 

So I do not think it is correct to remove the product, we sell a few copies every minute and those people clearly want the product.

Sounds good to me. Lets hope Asobo respond quickly, they are very slow to react to faults with AI unfortunately hence the lack of departing aircraft for many weeks now.

27 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have 73 people who reported an issue and several thousands of customers.  It is clear there i an issue for some people (and we know one airport where it will cause issues for all customers) and we have a pretty good idea why. We'll send a test file to Asobo and they will see if our idea is correct. When that is done we know if we have to do something. 

So I do not think it is correct to remove the product, we sell a few copies every minute and those people clearly want the product.

Could you confirm that the one airport that will cause issues for all customers is KATL?

As I stated in another post, I was not able to load ST with KATL Atlanta-Hartsfield Jackson Airport by IMAGINESIM. I had to uninstall that airport to get ST to load at that location. I am happy to help troubleshoot with Aerosoft if they so desire.

My experience:

-Third party airports with AI online do not load

-Asobo handcraft airports with AI online no problem

Tried this with Haneda (Asobo) and Narita (drzewieckidesign)

-Tried flights with offline AI no problem.

I have also noticed that changes between Online and Offline cant be done calling option page (traffic) from inside a flight and then resume or you don’t appreciate an instant change. When doing that (online to offline) the airport will not show airplanes at the gates, but as the arrive, they begin to fill the airport.

Again, my experience

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, Mr Mike said:

As I stated in another post, I was not able to load ST with KATL Atlanta-Hartsfield Jackson Airport by IMAGINESIM. I had to uninstall that airport to get ST to load at that location. I am happy to help troubleshoot with Aerosoft if they so desire.

Thanks for the offer but not needed at this moment.

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, KUBLUX said:

My experience:

-Third party airports with AI online do not load

-Asobo handcraft airports with AI online no problem

Tried this with Haneda (Asobo) and Narita (drzewieckidesign)

-Tried flights with offline AI no problem.

I have also noticed that changes between Online and Offline cant be done calling option page (traffic) from inside a flight and then resume or you don’t appreciate an instant change. When doing that (online to offline) the airport will not show airplanes at the gates, but as the arrive, they begin to fill the airport.

Again, my experience

Thanks, we'll test those two airports.

if this is of any help: slewing to KATL in Developer Mode works.

Just spawned at a random airport ( VHHH in this case) then turned on Developer Mode, Teleported to KATL and got it fully loaded incl. traffic....

Went to Main Menu, to see if it will load now properly but got stuck infinitely again...

• Aerosoft
11 minutes ago, Edwin Mayer said:

if this is of any help: slewing to KATL in Developer Mode works.

Just spawned at a random airport ( VHHH in this case) then turned on Developer Mode, Teleported to KATL and got it fully loaded incl. traffic.... Went to Main Menu, to see if it will load now properly but got stuck infinitely again...

Yes, that is what we see as well. It is almost certainly some buffer that overflows. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmmm make that 2 airports, lol. KATL is one for sure. 

You may add LFPO, I've seen several reports for it in the thread ;-)

We've been flying MFS with the default AI trafic since more than one year, we can wait a few more days. Thanks for your products, your webshop, and your support.

Good morning. You can add KSJC (San Jose, default) to the list. Also affected are nearby GA airports KPAO Pal Alto, KHRV Reid-Hillview,  and KNUQ Moffett Field.

Unaffected are KSFO and San Carlos KSQL.

Regards.

Archived