[Important] Sim does not load at Aiport? Please report here!

Jonas S.

• Aerosoft
50 minutes ago, gazza said:

Still having 'non-loading' problems at Gatwick. I have tried the freebie from mkvy, and the purchased one from Origami Studios. Have been able to load at BIrmingham (UK) which is an Asobo airport.

As you can see three other people reported the issue with  Gatwitck solved so there is something non-standard on your system. Can you load it with default Gatwick

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There might still be an issue with EGLC London City, from Orbx (Orbx Central version) - I had no problems loading into other airports after the patch, but trying to start a flight at EGLC still causes an infinite load for me.

EDIT: Once I restarted MSFS, I tried starting a flight from EGLC again, but this time with AI Traffic set to Off. The sim then loaded in normally after pressing Fly Now.

Once loaded, I went into options and set Traffic to AI Offline, which then spawned in normally and all appeared ok.

So unsure what happened here.

13 hours ago, Jonas S. said:

I will check this, thanks for all of your feedback! Very much appreciated!

@mopperle 

My bad!!! All of my Orbx airports are working perfectly now. Previously I was simply moving them in and out of the community folder.

I have now reinstalled each airport individually, fired up the sim at the re-installed airport and repeated for each and everything is normal!

Thanks and sorry for potentially leading you up the garden path.

So, just in summary,all below airports purchased and installed through Orbx Central are now working correctly and infinite load has returned to normal:

EGHI Southampton

EGKA Shoreham

EGLC London City

EGTR Elstree

EGGD Pilotplus Bristol

EGTK Pilotplus London Oxford

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for letting us know.

For others seeing something like this, before reinstalling your add-ons you can try to delete the content.xml, so that MSFS can build a new one.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Dopster198 said:

So unsure what happened here.

Me too, loading fine with AI Offline:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Mister Benson said:

CDT while loading the flight with the FranceVFR airports pack (LFBD / LFLC / LFRB / LFST / LFMT)

You mean CTD, crash to desktop? Thats for sure new, Any error message, maybe from the eventviewer?

4 hours ago, gazza said:

Still having 'non-loading' problems at Gatwick. I have tried the freebie from mkvy, and the purchased one from Origami Studios. Have been able to load at BIrmingham (UK) which is an Asobo airport.

I get a problem with the frame rate when using ai traffic as opposed to live traffic at Gatwick (free version from mkvy) but the AIG system doesnt work properly at that airport either suggesting there is an issue with the mkvy version. With the Origami version I find that the frame rate is quite poor loading a flight with ai traffic but if I switch to live traffic its ok. When switching back to AI traffic the frame rate was then ok too. Not sure how this would affect flying to the airport though. 

I have just downloaded 1.0.1.0 and am happy to report no issues now.

ie EGKK both freeware Ultra Full Edition by mkvy and payware(Origami) versions work, as does EGGW (UK2000).

Thank you for the very fast fix for this!

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Vous voulez dire CTD, plantage sur le bureau ? C'est à coup sûr nouveau, un message d'erreur, peut-être de la part de l'observateur d'événements ?

Yes yes crash on the desktop when loading the flight, without the FranceVFR airports pack installed, the ST loads without problem.

• Aerosoft
42 minutes ago, cbc said:

I get a problem with the frame rate when using ai traffic as opposed to live traffic at Gatwick (free version from mkvy) but the AIG system doesnt work properly at that airport either suggesting there is an issue with the mkvy version. With the Origami version I find that the frame rate is quite poor loading a flight with ai traffic but if I switch to live traffic its ok. When switching back to AI traffic the frame rate was then ok too. Not sure how this would affect flying to the airport though. 

Framerate is simply a function of how complex the scene is you are drawing. Simple Traffic does not slow the sim down in any way, It can't do so as it uses the same models and the same complexity bitmaps as the default sim. So if you remove Simple Traffic, use the same setting, you will get the same result.

18 minutes ago, Mister Benson said:

Yes yes crash on the desktop when loading the flight, without the FranceVFR airports pack installed, the ST loads without problem.

I have the same pack installed, no CTD with ST so far. I've not yet tried flying from one of the airports of the pack, I'll test asap and report.

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Framerate is simply a function of how complex the scene is you are drawing. Simple Traffic does not slow the sim down in any way, It can't do so as it uses the same models and the same complexity bitmaps as the default sim. So if you remove Simple Traffic, use the same setting, you will get the same result.

Yes but to be fair the complexity and size of Gatwick is lower than Heathrow where I am getting good performance so there is more to this than scene complexity. My feeling is that something is not quite right with either the freeware or payware versions of this airport. And also the fact that the frame rate is low when starting a flight with AI enabled but goes up significantly if I switch to live traffic then back to ai also shows there is some sort of, as yet unidentified problem that scene complexity does not account for. I am not blaming ST, I think as I said, its the sceneries.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, Tai Bui said:

No traffics at any airports with setting: "realtime online", please check. Thanks

Then there is no traffic injected in the sim. ST only takes the traffic that MSFS provides.

• Aerosoft

The last few hours I get very spotty Real Time traffic. Just had to wait 8 minutes before the first AI appeared (and that was WITHOUT Simple Traffic!).

I do appreciate the lure of Realtime traffic but in our opinion AI Offline works a lot more reliable.

1 hour ago, Tai Bui said:

No traffics at any airports with setting: "realtime online", please check. Thanks

In 'realtime online' mode you have to turn on ground traffic to see planes at gates. The manual doesn't point this out. Just set Ground Traffic density to 50 or more and the airport will fill up with liveried planes.

3 hours ago, Mister Benson said:

CDT while loading the flight with the FranceVFR airports pack (LFBD / LFLC / LFRB / LFST / LFMT)

Just tried (after SU7 update), flight started at LFRB with France VFR airport pack + Simple Traffic with no problem

• Aerosoft
21 minutes ago, Alan Forsyth said:

In 'realtime online' mode you have to turn on ground traffic to see planes at gates. The manual doesn't point this out. Just set Ground Traffic density to 50 or more and the airport will fill up with liveried planes.

You mean Ground Aircraft Density? If it is absolutely not needed to show Realtime traffic and will show static (not real time) traffic with random liveries. We most certainly do not suggest this and that is why it is not in the manual.

• Aerosoft

As it seems this issue is solved (the reports where it is not for some airports are investigated separately) I will close this topic.

Do keep reporting airports that don't work, but as these all for their own reason make a new topic for them. Before you do make sure you checked the FAQ and tried offline traffic. We have seen a lot of issues with Real time traffic the last few days and we can only show what the sim gets fed from it's servers.

Archived