Long loading times at certain add-on airports - WORKAROUND

Simple Traffic

• Developer

Some users have reported long flight loading times when starting a flight at certain add-on airports with Simple Traffic installed.

We are currently investigating this. The conditions which cause these long loading times seem to be system and / or add-on version dependant (for example, Pilot Plus' Wycombe Air Park purchased via the MSFS marketplace has no issue, but we have had isolated reports of long loading times for the same add-on airport purchased via Orbx Central).

If you are experiencing long flight loading times, then as a workaround, please start the flight with AI Traffic mode set to 'Off':

General Options > Traffic > Aviation Traffic > Aircraft Traffic Type = Off

Once the flight has launched, click 'Ready To Fly', and then set the AI mode back to 'AI Offline':

General Options > Traffic > Aviation Traffic > Aircraft Traffic Type = AI Offline

Thanks for your patience whilst we carry out further investigation.

Trying this adn the load time is still going on after the blue bar has reached the end of the load.    I am trying to set up in a payware airport (KVNY (payware KBUR is nearby) both of which are bought from ORBX Central.  Hope that helps.  I'll see if it will start if I remove them both from the system as I had not ORBX airports in the Cardiff area and things worked fine.

Seems my ancient signature cannot be changed here, so I'll place my current info here:    MSFS Premium DeLuxe Edition; Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080; Rex Weather Force 2020

OK, so the ORBX uninstall of KVNY and KBUR got me in.  Hope that helps.

MSFS Premium DeLuxe Edition; Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080; Rex Weather Force 2020

2 hours ago, Simple Traffic said:

Some users have reported long flight loading times when starting a flight at certain add-on airports with Simple Traffic installed.

We are currently investigating this. The conditions which cause these long loading times seem to be system and / or add-on version dependant (for example, Pilot Plus' Wycombe Air Park purchased via the MSFS marketplace has no issue, but we have had isolated reports of long loading times for the same add-on airport purchased via Orbx Central).

If you are experiencing long flight loading times, then as a workaround, please start the flight with AI Traffic mode set to 'Off':

General Options > Traffic > Aviation Traffic > Aircraft Traffic Type = Off

Once the flight has launched, click 'Ready To Fly', and then set the AI mode back to 'AI Offline':

General Options > Traffic > Aviation Traffic > Aircraft Traffic Type = AI Offline

Thanks for your patience whilst we carry out further investigation.

This doesn’t work as i already had that setting off and it still goes into infinite loading and never starts.

I performed a clean uninstall and re-install of MSFS with no add-ons (no Marketplace installs and an empty community folder before installing Simple Traffic via Aerosoft One), and I still cannot load a flight originating from KATL (the Asobo default hand-crafted ATL).  However, I am able to load flights from other airports (KLAX and KSFO, for instance).  I have tried toggling between online and offline traffic, as well as adjusting traffic density, but to no avail.

Same here , infinite load. I have almost every orbx central addon and airport imstalled. I try to pinpoint. On my laptop there is no issue, but have just a few orbx airports installed on that. 

So maybe there is a connection. 

I have an issue with  Pilot Plus' Wycombe Air Park installed too but I did not purchase it via Orbx, I purchased it directly from Pilot Plus. None the less the sim will not load a flight with simple traffic installed and this airport in the community folder.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Regis Biassala said:

How in hell you release a product that is not working....This is insane.  I am getting a refund. This garbage

It is working for thousands of customers, but we have indeed found an issue that needs to be fixed. I dare to say this is not the first software product that needs an update. Just to think of the OS and the simulator you use. But feel free to contact us on support@aerosoft.com.

Archived