Simple Traffic Question

marksinclair

Hello. I have just installed Simple Traffic and I am very happy with the product.

I have noticed that perhaps the loading times of MSFS have increased: may this be related to Simple Traffic? 

I have installed the libray on the my hard drive E: which is  where the sim exe is also installed, not on the SSD.

What is your advice? 

Thank you

• Aerosoft
Just now, marksinclair said:

Hello. I have just installed Simple Traffic and I am very happy with the product.

I have noticed that perhaps the loading times of MSFS have increased: may this be related to Simple Traffic? 

I have installed the libray on the my hard drive E: which is  where the sim exe is also installed, not on the SSD.

What is your advice?  

Well yes, adding folder to the Community folder makes it slower. We feel having this on the fastest disk possible is important. Often add-ons consists of thousands of small files and these simply work bad on a spinning media. 

I have my installation on the same drive as FS and it is an SSD and my loading time is now insanely slow and getting nowhere. From setting up the flight and clicking the yellow button to start the flight (bottom right) it just loads endlessly. The blue progress bar is now full and still loading. Something is clearly wrong!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, cbc said:

I have my installation on the same drive as FS and it is an SSD and my loading time is now insanely slow and getting nowhere. From setting up the flight and clicking the yellow button to start the flight (bottom right) it just loads endlessly. The blue progress bar is now full and still loading. Something is clearly wrong!

If it loads endlessly there is indeed an issue sir. As always with these things the first thing to see if there is conflict between add-ons. Simply move all folders expect those from Simple Traffic out of the Community folder and try again. If it works you know there is deeper issue.

To everybody, PLEASE PLEASE make a new topic for YOUR issue so we can make sure they are all solved. If the issue of the topic started is solved we close the topic.

@cbc Make sure the airport you are at isn't a custom made one. I had the same issue with KATL and I had to uninstall it nd then ST loaded fairly quickly. Hopefully this isn't the case for all custom airports but I think it may have something to do with static aircraft within the custom airport itself if they have them.

Archived