no traffic

BL8 RUNN3R

Have the same with online AI at Schiphol (EHAM), only 2 or 3 planes visible. In offline AI Schiphol is crowded with KLM, easyJet, Turkish, British, etcetera so offline AI at the moment the better option. Online AI does not provide input for aircrafts standing at a gate I suppose, only some taxiing.

Hi Mathijs,

I have/had this issue too, however was able to resolve it for now. In the manual on page 6 the folowing was written: "1. AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE can be set to AI ONLINE or AI OFFLINE". However, when put on the 'real-time online' setting there is no traffic at any airports (apart from the static ones that come with airports). Putting this specific setting to "AI Offline" resolved the issue of no traffic at all. 

Is this a mistake in the manual and is simple traffic not compatible with the realtime online traffic information?

Thanks in advance.

Looking foward to your reply

• Aerosoft

If you set it to Online Traffic it uses the data that is fed in by Microsoft. If that has zero traffic, Simple Traffic will show no aircraft. We have FAR better experiences with offline AI, certainly for non US airports. That said last Saturday the online AI was damned good.

Always keep in mind that this will be the same without Simple Traffic!

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you set it to Online Traffic it uses the data that is fed in by Microsoft. If that has zero traffic, Simple Traffic will show no aircraft. We have FAR better experiences with offline AI, certainly for non US airports. That said last Saturday the online AI was damned good.

Always keep in mind that this will be the same without Simple Traffic!

Thanks for your reply.

My apologies, I should have specified at which aiports I experienced this sofar. Unfortunatly, the aiports that I've tested sofar that give no traffic when put to real-time online traffic are EHAM (Schiphol), EDDF (Frankfurt).

vor 29 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Have you read the manual? All settings as indicated?

Online mor offline AI?

Yes followed the manual and did the settings as described!

Online Traffic showed me only a few aircrafts/ Offline Traffic showed me no aircrafts!

• Deputy Sheriffs

To make sure that this is understood: Simple Traffic does not change the MSFS AI traffic, it just alters its liveries. From the product page:

Please login to display this image.

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-tools/3537/aerosoft-tool-simple-traffic?c=1582

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, BL8 RUNN3R said:

Yes followed the manual and did the settings as described!

Online Traffic showed me only a few aircrafts/ Offline Traffic showed me no aircrafts!

Can you send us a screenshot of the traffic settings and tell us at what airport that is?

• Aerosoft
21 minutes ago, M hetbrouwertje said:

My apologies, I should have specified at which aiports I experienced this sofar. Unfortunatly, the aiports that I've tested sofar that give no traffic when put to real-time online traffic are EHAM (Schiphol), EDDF (Frankfurt).

I checked myself and the coverage is indeed very bad at this moment.  You can always check when you select the airport btw, it has the tab Traffic that will list all aircraft. For me it shows zero aircraft at EHAM right now. See the screenshot:

Please login to display this image.

Keep in mind this is a issue of AI traffic, not Simple Traffic!

Archived