Aircraft.cfg Fix Request

golfcart22

And beyond seeing all these annoying posts, it's also something with the 'Signal-to-noise ratio' these inflict, making the forum a lot less useful.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, Crabby said:

in the time it took for you to express your feelings, you could have fixed the issue yourself and be using the plane you bought.

It would be more helpful if you could explain how he can go about "fixing the issue". This is why we have forums like this. So we can help each other. I don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, John2 said:

It would be more helpful if you could explain how he can go about "fixing the issue". This is why we have forums like this. So we can help each other. I don't get it.

It has been stated already that editing the cfg file will fix this issue.  I was commenting on the whining.  Turns out, he can't edit because he purchased the aircraft from the Market.  That was his choice and if he had looked before, he would have seen my, and others, warning against buying ANYTHING from the market due to DRM/encryption.  Now, because of HIS choice, he has to wait for others to fix his issue.  That is a consequence of HIS choice, not the fault of Aerosoft or any board member.  He is demanding a fix for to create compatibility with another 3rd party add on.  While I bet they do, Aerosoft, or any other publisher for that mater, is NOT responsible or obligated to do this, regardless of the amount of whining.  Don't buy stuff form the market unless you HAVE to, the world is warned again.  Now, I hope you get it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Crabby said:

It has been stated already that editing the cfg file will fix this issue.  I was commenting on the whining.  Turns out, he can't edit because he purchased the aircraft from the Market.  That was his choice and if he had looked before, he would have seen my, and others, warning against buying ANYTHING from the market due to DRM/encryption.  Now, because of HIS choice, he has to wait for others to fix his issue.  That is a consequence of HIS choice, not the fault of Aerosoft or any board member.  He is demanding a fix for to create compatibility with another 3rd party add on.  While I bet they do, Aerosoft, or any other publisher for that mater, is NOT responsible or obligated to do this, regardless of the amount of whining.  Don't buy stuff form the market unless you HAVE to, the world is warned again.  Now, I hope you get it.

Got it. (And your name.)

John

2 minutes ago, John2 said:

Got it. (And your name.)

John

My name is Crabtree, hence the lifelong nickname.  If you are implying, I am what society calls a "crabby" person, far from it.  The problem is that certain members of society today think that if everything is not sugar coated then it is anger or crabby.  Remember, offense cannot be given, only taken.  So, when someone is offended that is more of a reflection of them.  For example, you post.  You did not say you had the problem discussed.  However, with zero prompting from me, you decided that you had to address me personally and set me straight.  Failing at that, you decided to take an elementary playground shot at my nickname.  That failed too, but I am sure that you will try again.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Crabby said:

My name is Crabtree, hence the lifelong nickname.  If you are implying, I am what society calls a "crabby" person, far from it.  The problem is that certain members of society today think that if everything is not sugar coated then it is anger or crabby.  Remember, offense cannot be given, only taken.  So, when someone is offended that is more of a reflection of them.  For example, you post.  You did not say you had the problem discussed.  However, with zero prompting from me, you decided that you had to address me personally and set me straight.  Failing at that, you decided to take an elementary playground shot at my nickname.  That failed too, but I am sure that you will try again.  

Dear me. So touchy. I am sorry that you took offence to my (admittedly clumsy) attempt at a little humour.  But you  must admit that you are trying to project a curmudgeonly persona with all those CAPS. And I am sure that I am not the first person to draw attention to the aptness of your nickname. But anyway, I do apologize if I caused you to take offense. 

John.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Except for ORBX or Aerosoft, I buy everything from MSFS marketplace, as I have a life and MSFS is the worst configuration time thief I've ever come across, and can only hope that the ecosystem matures and let us use less time configuring, downloading and updating, and more time to fly. The marked place is a nice bid for this utopia. I would just like to add this point of view, since there are so many people just complaining about the Marked Place. Side note: I'm mostly using Apple products, so to spend so much time hacking and configuring products that should work together in the first place, is totally alien to me. 

16 minutes ago, John2 said:

Dear me. So touchy. I am sorry that you took offence to my (admittedly clumsy) attempt at a little humour.  But you  must admit that you are trying to project a curmudgeonly persona with all those CAPS. And I am sure that I am not the first person to draw attention to the aptness of your nickname. But anyway, I do apologize if I caused you to take offense. 

John.

You see John, you did it again.  The use of CAPs has been historically linked to EMPHASIS, not curmudgeonly behavior.  You also assumed that my retort was due to offense and not just plain facts (as is this one by the way).  No apology was necessary as there was nothing to apologize for.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Crabby said:

You see John, you did it again.  The use of CAPs has been historically linked to EMPHASIS, not curmudgeonly behavior.  You also assumed that my retort was due to offense and not just plain facts (as is this one by the way).  No apology was necessary as there was nothing to apologize for.  

Well let's just agree to disagree. And here's another take on CAPS.

https://www.wired.com/story/all-caps-because-internet-gretchen-mcculloch/#:~:text=WHEN YOU WRITE IN ALL,of typographical tone of voice.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, mikkel said:

Except for ORBX or Aerosoft, I buy everything from MSFS marketplace, as I have a life and MSFS is the worst configuration time thief I've ever come across, and can only hope that the ecosystem matures and let us use less time configuring, downloading and updating, and more time to fly. The marked place is a nice bid for this utopia. I would just like to add this point of view, since there are so many people just complaining about the Marked Place. Side note: I'm mostly using Apple products, so to spend so much time hacking and configuring products that should work together in the first place, is totally alien to me. 

I have a hard time understanding this.  Configuration of addons is a simple copy/cut and paste into the community.  EVERYTHING goes there.  Now, keeping it organized is another matter and one that is done easily with the use of Addon Linker which is free.  I spend much more time fussing with XPlane and what goes where and even the use of XOrganizer is only a partial fix.

Here is what I do.  I have a folder called MSFS Addons.  Under that I have folders called Airplanes, Airports, Cities, Libraries, and Utilities.  Under Airports and Cities there are folders for Country and for the USA folder another one called State.  Addon Linker then creates symbolic links into my community folder.  So I download/buy KDEN, I just drop that into MSFS Addons/Airports/USA/Colorado and use Addons Linker to create a symbolic link.  Simple and organized.  Plus, when there is an update, all I have to do to clear my community folder is make 3 or four clicks with the mouse and Bob's your uncle, empty community folder. Typically it takes no more time to install an addon than it does to unzip it, for me. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, John2 said:

LOL, typographical tone of voice, I almost peed myself.  That is nothing more than a sorry excuse for those who get offended to find a reason to do so.  Note, I said HISTORICAL (again, so you don't get your feelings hurt, that is for emphasis, however this parenthetical phrase is actually, in its entirety a facetious statement, just so you are clear).  I bet, if I wanted to, I could find a ton of whussified crap about the phrase "Let's agree to disagree", which going back to my debate days actually means "You win, I got nothing so I will take my ball and go home."  I guess the founding fathers were pissed off crabby curmudgeons when they wrote WE THE PEOPLE. In BOLD too.  Not to mention AEROSOFT at the top of every page here.  Oh my God!  Mathjis and everyone who works for AEROSOFT is a crabby curmudgeon.  Oh the horror!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Crabby said:

LOL, typographical tone of voice, I almost peed myself.  That is nothing more than a sorry excuse for those who get offended to find a reason to do so.  Note, I said HISTORICAL (again, so you don't get your feelings hurt, that is for emphasis, however this parenthetical phrase is actually, in its entirety a facetious statement, just so you are clear).  I bet, if I wanted to, I could find a ton of whussified crap about the phrase "Let's agree to disagree", which going back to my debate days actually means "You win, I got nothing so I will take my ball and go home."  I guess the founding fathers were pissed off crabby curmudgeons when they wrote WE THE PEOPLE. In BOLD too.  Not to mention AEROSOFT at the top of every page here.  Oh my God!  Mathjis and everyone who works for AEROSOFT is a crabby curmudgeon.  Oh the horror!

Well we may have strayed a tad off topic here. (I actually can't remember what the topic is.) Have a nice day Crabby. :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, John2 said:

Well we may have strayed a tad off topic here. (I actually can't remember what the topic is.) Have a nice day Crabby. :)

Let me remind you of the sub-topic you created "It would be more helpful if you could explain how he can go about "fixing the issue". This is why we have forums like this. So we can help each other. I don't get it."  So, yes, you strayed off topic, but note that I did not stray from yours.  I am shocked you forgot what you wrote just a little over 20 hours ago. I do like your attempt at being facetious by claiming not to remember the topic you started, so one thumb up for that!

• Upvote 3

Wow. You leave for a little bit to check if the CRJ might be patched and it looks like several months later we don't have much for an update. Then you get these snide and condescending remarks from other forum members.

Aerosoft Moderators: Why are you letting this person above treat people this way on your forums? This behavior is absolutely childish and its not helpful. Don't close this thread because it has not gotten a proper response for an update in over 4 months. Instead, ban this user so we can real answers from the team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Wow. You leave for a little bit to check if the CRJ might be patched and it looks like several months later we don't have much for an update. Then you get these snide and condescending remarks from other forum members.

Aerosoft Moderators: Why are you letting this person above treat people this way on your forums? This behavior is absolutely childish and its not helpful. Don't close this thread because it has not gotten a proper response for an update in over 4 months. Instead, ban this user so we can real answers from the team.

You touchy feely types are so bent on getting someone banned that you don't even read your own posts or fact check them.  No only did the team answer this question, it was answered by Mathjis.  To sum up for you so you have something else to downvote or complain about...

These are the facts relating to this topic.  

1. The CFG needs to be modified (not fixed, this implies it is broke and it is NOT broke) to work with a 3rd party addon NOT ASSOCIATED with Aerosoft.  

2. Some people purchased their CRJ directly from AS or at least from another vendor that is NOT the market place.  They happily were given instructions on how to modify their cfg.  Problem solved.

3. Some people purchased their CRJ from the market.  Bad move as this mean due to their choice they have to live with the headache of DRM/encryption, meaning they can no longer be self-sufficient in matters such as this.  They cannot modify their cfg on their own. 

4. Aerosoft, even though they have zero obligation to do so, has stated that when an update is released, this may be taken care of, thereby bailing out some folks from the consequences of their choices.  

I apologize that facts make you so emotional.  Like I have always said offense cannot be given, only taken and getting offended says more about the offended party than anything else.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

You touchy feely types are so bent on getting someone banned that you don't even read your own posts or fact check them.  No only did the team answer this question, it was answered by Mathjis.  To sum up for you so you have something else to downvote or complain about...

These are the facts relating to this topic.  

1. The CFG needs to be modified (not fixed, this implies it is broke and it is NOT broke) to work with a 3rd party addon NOT ASSOCIATED with Aerosoft.  

2. Some people purchased their CRJ directly from AS or at least from another vendor that is NOT the market place.  They happily were given instructions on how to modify their cfg.  Problem solved.

3. Some people purchased their CRJ from the market.  Bad move as this mean due to their choice they have to live with the headache of DRM/encryption, meaning they can no longer be self-sufficient in matters such as this.  They cannot modify their cfg on their own. 

4. Aerosoft, even though they have zero obligation to do so, has stated that when an update is released, this may be taken care of, thereby bailing out some folks from the consequences of their choices.  

I apologize that facts make you so emotional.  Like I have always said offense cannot be given, only taken and getting offended says more about the offended party than anything else.  

Crabby McCrabster: I don't really care if Aerosoft developers do not allow or allow anything. It up to them. Some people bought it off the market place so for them, they want a fix. Aerosoft is in control of their planes and we understand that. Hence the request from some of their customers.

This doesn't pertain to you.

Stop always making this about yourself.

You bought from Aerosoft.

So did I.

Some of them didn't. You need to get over yourself.

Not everyone who replies to your poor behavior is emotional so I am not sure why keep bringing this up.

It's kind of weird.

Aerosoft Moderators: Again, can we stop this behavior from the above forum user? This behavior is not remotely helpful and your customers are asking for assistance, updates and some fixes/patches. They are not asking for ridicule here.

I am saying this because according to other forums....your recent "discussions" with customers have left a bad taste in several other forums. I never experienced this and it seems like in some cases, Aerosoft developers were in the right but sometimes not.

You mentioned an update is in the works but that was back in November.

We love your CRJ. At least I have since its release, bugs and all. But please, can we get a fix and in the meantime start moderating people's behavior on here? This behavior is toxic and its not helpful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs

Time to lock but not close this as it's turning toxic. The original question was valid and Mathijs provided an authoritative response as pointed out two posts up. When there's something new from Mathijs or a developer to update the authoritative response, you'll see it here. 

Also, no point in bumping this or pushing for an update. That won't make progress happen more quickly.

• Upvote 1

• Herman locked this topic
  • Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Aerosoft Moderators: Again, can we stop this behavior from the above forum user? This behavior is not remotely helpful and your customers are asking for assistance, updates and some fixes/patches. They are not asking for ridicule here.

I am saying this because according to other forums....your recent "discussions" with customers have left a bad taste in several other forums. I never experienced this and it seems like in some cases, Aerosoft developers were in the right but sometimes not.

You mentioned an update is in the works but that was back in November.

We love your CRJ. At least I have since its release, bugs and all. But please, can we get a fix and in the meantime start moderating people's behavior on here? This behavior is toxic and its not helpful.

On the CRJ, check that forum section about news on updates.

About Crabby... I can fully understand he pisses of some people. I know he did that to me. However, he often manages to put his finger on sore spots, be their customers, be them ours. I do not find his behavior disrespectful in this topic. This is our forum, not a forum from an US company where political correctness determines what is acceptable. We feel that people who post here are able to defend their own point of view. You made your point very clearly. And I am sure Crabby will respond when he feels it will add to the discussion. 

He knows I will hide it immediately when he crosses the line. 

• Like 3