Aircraft.cfg Fix Request

golfcart22

Aerosoft Devs,

I'm using a 3rd party software tool it requires the name > atc_model be present in the aircraft.cfg and for some reason the 700 variant it is not,  but it is however,  in the 550.  ( See info below )

Since the aircraft.cfg is hidden and encrypted - can you please fix this in the next release ?   

[General]
atc_type=BOMBARDIER
atc_model=CRJ550

[General]
atc_type=BOMBARDIER
atc_sim=CRJ700_AMM
model=CRJ700

Thanks,

Tony

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'm part of a 3rd party economics platform for MSFS.  The CRJ is the only high fidelity airliner available, but we're going to have to start recommending to our players to avoid buying the Aerosoft CRJ until this is fixed.  The aircraft is completely unusable on our, or any other econ platform.  The 550 is, but not the 700.  We're getting swamped with support requests to fix your plane, and it's all encrypted.  Please fix this.  It's a minor CFG edit.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Noted.

Hi,

Will this be fixed anytime soon please? It looks to have been a while since this was reported.

I bought this last night only to find I cannot use it anyway with the mods I would like to, looks like a quick fix.

I would of held of if I had known about this issue.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Since November and you still haven't changed 1 line of code in the .CFG file so paying customers can use this plane for what they want to??

Are you offering refunds?

7 hours ago, Perry B said:

Since November and you still haven't changed 1 line of code in the .CFG file so paying customers can use this plane for what they want to??

Are you offering refunds?

I have promised to be "nicer" to the sillier of forum members.  However, I will offer you a chance to go back and read your post here and correct/delete things that will elicit a response from me that may hurt your feelings.  This is the kinder/gentler Crabby offering a way out.  Ah screw it.  Dude, change the CFG yourself.  It takes all of 10 seconds and you could have had it finished in less time than it takes to read this and make your posts/threats.  Be self-reliant.  

AS has already said they will look into it and I am betting they will make some of these changes on their next update.  They are NOT going to do it just for you or me and our 3rd party pretend pilot apps. No they should not offer you a refund and it is just childish to make that post.  We made a purchase of an aircraft not an aircraft to use with XYZ add on.  Now, ask your mommy for another juice box and have fun. 

***This post in no way reflects the policies, thoughts and feelings of Aerosoft, it's employees or affiliates.  No repost is allowed without the express consent of Crabby, Major League Baseball and the Commissioner's office.  Side effects of reading this thread include, headache, indigestion, vomiting and explosive diarrhea.  Ask your doctor is this is right for you.  Any complaints may be filed in the special, normally oval receptacle next to your desk.  No real animals were hurt while composing this response.  If you experience an erection lasting more than 4 hours, party on.  Contents may be offensive to some people who suffer from excessive feeling syndrome. ***

PS, football is better than soccer.  However, baseball, rugby, Aussie Rules, and cricket are better than either of them. 

• Upvote 4

I believe his point was that he can't add the one line himself because he bought it from the Marketplace which means it's encrypted...

Regardless, I think you are correct and this will be included in the next update -- there's no reason not to since it's trivial to fix -- but the lack of communication over the past couple of months has been quite disappointing. Not particularly on this topic, but in general. It seems like unless a question or issue is resolved by a community member and followed up with "Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.", it gets completely ignored. This is especially disappointing for the many issues reported by a real-world CRJ pilot that all go without responses.

• Upvote 2

@Mathijs Kok Thank you for at least expanding on this a little.  Your 'noted' comment was perceived as a casual indifference to the problem we're facing.

@Crabby As Aplato mentioned, we are unable to edit any CFG's for a marketplace purchased CRJ.  Thank you for your colorful and completely off-base response.

• Upvote 3

On 1/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, Crabby said:

I have promised to be "nicer" to the sillier of forum members.  However, I will offer you a chance to go back and read your post here and correct/delete things that will elicit a response from me that may hurt your feelings.  This is the kinder/gentler Crabby offering a way out.  Ah screw it.  Dude, change the CFG yourself.  It takes all of 10 seconds and you could have had it finished in less time than it takes to read this and make your posts/threats.  Be self-reliant.  

AS has already said they will look into it and I am betting they will make some of these changes on their next update.  They are NOT going to do it just for you or me and our 3rd party pretend pilot apps. No they should not offer you a refund and it is just childish to make that post.  We made a purchase of an aircraft not an aircraft to use with XYZ add on.  Now, ask your mommy for another juice box and have fun. 

***This post in no way reflects the policies, thoughts and feelings of Aerosoft, it's employees or affiliates.  No repost is allowed without the express consent of Crabby, Major League Baseball and the Commissioner's office.  Side effects of reading this thread include, headache, indigestion, vomiting and explosive diarrhea.  Ask your doctor is this is right for you.  Any complaints may be filed in the special, normally oval receptacle next to your desk.  No real animals were hurt while composing this response.  If you experience an erection lasting more than 4 hours, party on.  Contents may be offensive to some people who suffer from excessive feeling syndrome. ***

PS, football is better than soccer.  However, baseball, rugby, Aussie Rules, and cricket are better than either of them. 

Thank you so much for your enlightening  words of advice, go ahead and try to upset forum members - what a great idea. 

At no point have I been rude, just asking for a response or eta as I would like to use the plane I bought.

Thanks for the time you took though to go out of your way in an attempt to make me feel or look bad, better luck next time :)

PS, your name couldn't be more fitting.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

There will be an update that solves many of these issues but the release date of that is not yet scheduled. Doing small things first and bigger later makes very little sense as it would not work well with the marketplace.

Thank you for the update.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Perry B said:

Thank you so much for your enlightening  words of advice, go ahead and try to upset forum members - what a great idea. 

At no point have I been rude, just asking for a response or eta as I would like to use the plane I bought.

Thanks for the time you took though to go out of your way in an attempt to make me feel or look bad, better luck next time :)

PS, your name couldn't be more fitting.

Thank you too!  However, you did not buy a plane that was advertised to work with add on XXXX.  If you feel bad, that's your problem.  If you look bad, that's your problem too.  Frankly, nothing I do is to try and upset anyone.  Nor do I go out of my way not to upset anyone.  If you take offense to something, that is also your problem.  Again, in the time it took for you to express your feelings, you could have fixed the issue yourself and be using the plane you bought.  I guess you would rather just be emotional than self-reliant.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Muuvie said:

@Crabby As Aplato mentioned, we are unable to edit any CFG's for a marketplace purchased CRJ.  Thank you for your colorful and completely off-base response.

Obviously, AS cannot put this as a sticky.  However I have been saying from day one....DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE MARKET PLACE THAT YOU CANNOT BUY DIRECT.  This is a prime example of why.  The place you market place purchasers need to be posting is to ASOBO to make them understand that you need to have access to the cfg files from the things you buy from there.  Let them hide everything else.  

• Upvote 2

Can we get a refund so that we can purchase from Aerosoft directly?  There needs to be a bunch of disclaimers that the product you get from the marketplace is handicapped.

Got it working on an unencrypted version from Aerosoft direct.  It's missing the word  "icao_" before the word "model."  This can be fixed in literally 5 keystrokes.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Muuvie said:

Got it working on an unencrypted version from Aerosoft direct.  It's missing the word  "icao_" before the word "model."  This can be fixed in literally 5 keystrokes.

There are some more quirks. But already fixed on the internal servers.

You just have to wait until the next patch is released.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, Muuvie said:

Can we get a refund so that we can purchase from Aerosoft directly?  There needs to be a bunch of disclaimers that the product you get from the marketplace is handicapped.

That is a question for Microsoft. Please ask there.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:37 PM, Crabby said:

Thank you too!  However, you did not buy a plane that was advertised to work with add on XXXX.  If you feel bad, that's your problem.  If you look bad, that's your problem too.  Frankly, nothing I do is to try and upset anyone.  Nor do I go out of my way not to upset anyone.  If you take offense to something, that is also your problem.  Again, in the time it took for you to express your feelings, you could have fixed the issue yourself and be using the plane you bought.  I guess you would rather just be emotional than self-reliant.  

Maybe I should shorten my response so that you can understand - nobody cares for the comments you make. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Perry B said:

Maybe I should shorten my response so that you can understand - nobody cares for the comments you make. 

Another emotional response and you still are nowhere near being more self-reliant.  You people are hilarious creatures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25.1.2022 at 11:44, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There will be an update that solves many of these issues …

Hi Mathijs, good to hear that!

I hope the rotary push button issue (in VR) is on that list. For me, that is pretty much my only niggle left with the CRJ.

Else, it is a totally awesome plane - I spent over 90% of my flying time with it…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, Crabby said:

I have promised to be "nicer" to the sillier of forum members.  However, I will offer you a chance to go back and read your post here and correct/delete things that will elicit a response from me that may hurt your feelings. 

I really think it's about time for AS to ban this user.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, mikkel said:

I really think it's about time for AS to ban this user.

I would have to agree.

Maybe 1% of this persons posts do not include passive-aggressively insulting someone. His actions outline a weird attempt to maintain some sort of superiority complex through being an outright ass to people on an internet forum.

His post history (look, if you dare :) ) is full of snide remarks to people with honest questions, or people (including REAL CRJ pilots) offering their views only to be mocked by this...character.

Notice he's quick to post disclaimers about not being associated directly with Aerosoft, which is funny because clearly they've had to speak with him about this before.

But I digress, because it doesn't matter whether he is on Aerosoft's payroll or not:

His existence on the forum reflects upon how people feel about this brand. It's likely the first (and consequently last) interaction some people have with this support forum. Not a positive force here at all.

• Upvote 6

• Herman locked this topic