VHF Switching A319 Professional

airnova

Started A319 in cold and dark state.

VHF1 stuck on pullout

VHf2 switchable in/out

unable to select comms 1 or comms 2 as required.

Selected mooney aircraft and then re-selected  A319.

VHF1 and VHF 2 now selectable and comms 1 or comms 2 available on vPilot.

Again selected cold  and dark and VHF problem returned.

I have tried re-installing the A319 but above still occurs.

Thanks for the interest Jonas. If I load a new A319 from the Prepar3d  default  page setup  I can control VHF1 and VHF2. However, if I want to use the cold start with this selection  the original fault occurs and I lose control of selecting either VHF1 or VHF2. I can live without the cold start but I always like options! I have tried saved flights but to get control of VHF1 or VHF2 I have to switch to another non A319 aircraft before again selecting the A319 but a cold start causes a loss of this facility.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello airnova,

I am not really sure either what you are trying to achieve but my guess is that you want to have a state where the radios are completely turned off before you start the flight? The receive channel switch will be locked in place if you have the mic selector also selected on that channel. I am not 100% sure but I believe this is actually something that comes from the sim variables and with the sim itself one radio channel has to always be open, so this is just reflected.

For vatsim purposes if you want to for example select radio 2 for receive, you can always pull the knob out there (also remember, pulled out means that the channel is open). If you want to close the VHF1 receive, you have to first move the mic selector to VHF2 channel and only then can you close it.

Thanks for suggestions, the only thing I wanted was the ability to switch either VHF1/2 from a cold start  to decide what selected  radio frequency TX is to be active on  vPilot comms 1 or comms

The lower pictures are the switchable status after pre selecting another aircraft from the vehicle list before selecting A319 and allows full functionality of VHF facilities. The first two pictures are the result of staring the A319 with a cold start, only VHF2 is switchable.  A cold start should not in my opinion result in an apparent malfunction of the VHF operation or am I doing something wrong?

Please login to display this image.

i

t

t switchable.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no malfunction. It's a simple thing that you are trying to close RX feed for a channel that has TX active which is not possible on the sim. On sim variables you always must have at least one RX and one TX channel open, nothing we can do about this.

From cold and dark to get into the situation that you have on your fourth picture, just press the VHF2 "CALL" button first and then close the VHF1 RX channel. So you have to first move RX to VHF2, and as you move the RX the TX automatically also activates for VHF2 because that's how the sim variable works. The channel that has TX selected will have also the RX selected.

Thanks for advice Secondator but not solving my problem so will have to live with only two frequencies selectable on vPilot comms 1. Whilst VHF 2 is switchable in/out  VHF 1 is remains out and will not push in. That's the problem I have and is there a reason why VHF1 is not operating as it should?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello airnova. I have explained the reason why it's operating like it does.

If you want to tune off the VHF1 receive channel you have to first select the MIC selector on VHF2 by pressing the VHF2 TX button. I have highlighted this button in the picture below. Once you have done this, you can now deselect VHF1. Like I said, you cannot delesect RX channel on a channel that you have TX active. The sim simply does not allow that.

On 11/17/2021 at 12:34 AM, airnova said:

Thanks for advice Secondator but not solving my problem so will have to live with only two frequencies selectable on vPilot comms 1. Whilst VHF 2 is switchable in/out  VHF 1 is remains out and will not push in. That's the problem I have and is there a reason why VHF1 is not operating as it should?

I agree that. Previous versions working well, but now (if starting cold & dark) VHF1 not working like before with Vpilot. My last cold & dark flight (A321-231) I had to use VHF2 only. I cannot explain what is wrong, but it is not working like before.

• Tom A320 changed the title to VHF Switching A319 Professional

Archived