CRJ Center push knob. Is it Impossible to fix ?

Colin Booth

Since update 5 the Heading Sync , Speed IAS/MACH, Baro  knobs have failed to work  needing about ten to fifteen attempts to get the rotary sign to change to the little hand to enable you to push the knob.

I was so pleased to see the latest CRJ update thinking this would at last be fixed but my joy turned to disappointment as I realised that now even though the little hand now appeared it did absolutely nothing,

until you clicked it about 20 times when it would disappear then on the next desperate click it worked.

For such a beautifully impressive hi tech aircraft simulation it feels a bit like my first car that only started when you pulled the choke tapped the throttle crossed your fingers and preyed .

Come on Aerosoft your better than this 

vor 7 Stunden , Thijs010 sagte:

A simple right mouse click followed by a left mouse click is all you need to do to push these buttons....

ahmm.. Yes, but no! This is not "simple". I definitely need to be fixed. No other Aircraft has this phenomenon.

In this thread, it is more deeply discussed - It also now is reported to Asobo (As far as I know). For example in VR, you can only fly with this workaround. Otherwise it´s like try & error like described in post one. the right/left mouseclick dosn´t work in VR.

Another workaround is described there as well --> point your Mouse above the knob. Wait until it disappears. Then move the mouse just a tiny bit and the courser will show the touch function.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/166218-fix-for-cockpit-interaction-issues-introduced-in-sim-update-5-vr-fix/

On 11/14/2021 at 12:40 AM, Thijs010 said:

A simple right mouse click followed by a left mouse click is all you need to do to push these buttons....

It's not that simple. I find a 1 in 3 chance that the click will actually centre the heading - the other 2 times I hear a "solid" click but the heading does not change. 

4 hours ago, Bill Zarkov said:

It's not that simple. I find a 1 in 3 chance that the click will actually centre the heading - the other 2 times I hear a "solid" click but the heading does not change. 

It realy is that simple if you don't fly in VR.

1. Check under Accesibility if your cockpit interraction is legacy (not locked)

2. Select the Standard Mouse profile under the Controlls menu

2 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

1. Check under Accesibility if your cockpit interraction is legacy (not locked)

2. Select the Standard Mouse profile under the Controlls menu

But that is not a solution, which is the OP's point.

The solution is not to disable the interaction feature improvements Asobo added to the sim...

...it's to fix the CRJ so it works with the interaction system.

It is the default interaction system for MSFS 2020. Which means any user who is flying other aircraft, default or payware, will expect to work.

3 hours ago, Justin J said:

The solution is not to disable the interaction feature improvements Asobo added to the sim...

It is the default interaction system for MSFS 2020. Which means any user who is flying other aircraft, default or payware, will expect to work.

Legacy was the default interaction system until SU5 and many of us use it..  

The only option that makes sense is to bite the bullet and fix it. I don't get why one feesl the need to be a contrarian.

This sim will be around for 10+years, and (hopefully, for Aerosoft), people will continue to buy the CRJ. Which means support wise..it would be unsustainable, toilsome, and inefficient to not make the cockpit work intuitively with the default interaction system.

At the very least...for the sanity of a) support teams b) developers and c) product management at Aerosoft...you'd be stopping a steady trickle of support tickets like "why can't pUsH thE butTons!!!?"

vor 9 Stunden , Justin J sagte:

Justin, you are mixing things up and serve them to your liking (or the OPs liking)...

The CRJ shares code with P3D and prior to SU5 everything worked just perfect or didn't it?

Did SU5 change the interaction or did a CRJ update change it? --> you nailed it! It was the SIM that changed from one standard to another.

And yes, we hear you (all) but did you ever think that it might be possible that recoding the interaction to the NEW standard would mean a quite bit of a work AND if there is this right click option (that works as provided BY the SIM), there are other priorities to attend to?

Did you not get it that ASOBO provided a fix for the VR issue (not covered in this topic), fix that did not work?

Also think about this....there are exactly 3 center push knobs that you have to press in the CRJ:

1. Altimeter --> has to be pressed ONLY twice a flight (Alt -> STD -> ALT)

2. Speed IAS/MACH --> since it changes automaticaly with the ALT, you don't realy have to ever press it...but if you do it would be again only 2 times per flight.

3. The HDG sync button --> this is one that you COULD press a lot (basicaly with each new leg of the FPLN -BUT- you can also rotate the knob for small HDG changes)

So how much of an issue is it realy to press the right button first then the left one for e.g. 10x / flight?

@GEK_the_Reaper if it was as simple as right click then left click I absolutely agree with you. As I noted in an earlier reply, that is not a consistent experience. Occasionally it works like that, but mostly *I* have to repeat that pair of clicks multiple times to achieve one sync.

For clarity - I use standard mouse profile and legacy mode interaction.

I will see if I can use an unused button on my multi-panel to send an event with spad.next but that wouldn't help the many people without that add-on.

If anyone needs a video to see what happens for me then let me know, I'm happy to provide.

2 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Justin, you are mixing things up and serve them to your liking (or the OPs liking)...

The CRJ shares code with P3D and prior to SU5 everything worked just perfect or didn't it?

Did SU5 change the interaction or did a CRJ update change it? --> you nailed it! It was the SIM that changed from one standard to another.

And yes, we hear you (all) but did you ever think that it might be possible that recoding the interaction to the NEW standard would mean a quite bit of a work AND if there is this right click option (that works as provided BY the SIM), there are other priorities to attend to?

Did you not get it that ASOBO provided a fix for the VR issue (not covered in this topic), fix that did not work?

Also think about this....there are exactly 3 center push knobs that you have to press in the CRJ:

2. Speed IAS/MACH --> since it changes automaticaly with the ALT, you don't realy have to ever press it...but if you do it would be again only 2 times per flight.

3. The HDG sync button --> this is one that you COULD press a lot (basicaly with each new leg of the FPLN -BUT- you can also rotate the knob for small HDG changes)

So how much of an issue is it realy to press the right button first then the left one for e.g. 10x / flight?

As much as you are correct in some ways there are some of us who us VR , the right click is not an option 

I was using the interaction fix and that worked in VR and 2D , Making comments that it shared code with P3D is not helping and if the sim changed Aerosoft need to change , a fact of life my friend .  In the months since the release of SU 5 , the mouse interaction in VR or 2D should have been a priority , as much as Hans has had his hands full to complete the PC 6 for Asobo , and also working on the ATR and the Aerosoft conversion to XBOX , and Twotter the current users need and want to use the Product .. 

When you triage something in software or life you dont start with adding things but to fix the broken ones first . 

Now this is not an attack on you or Aerosoft but there need to be change in the way you guys do things , I know the pot of gold at the end of the X Box rainbow is very enticing , but PC users the ones that stuck with many companies for years , decades when x box was not an option . 

Ok end of rant , just help some of us to use the Aircraft , Please 

Lawrence 

FWIW in my first real flight *after* SU7 I am having much more reliable results with the left/right click sequence so possibly MS changed something in that deployment. If it works consistently then I am happy. Will monitor but looking positive.

8 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I wont say "the customer is always right", but I will say, as someone who works in Engineering/Tech: Be wary of dismissing user feedback. We're the only one's keeping this ship afloat. Seems like you are doing mental gymnastics to prove we are unreasonable for thinking these issues should be fixed.

I dont disagree there are prioritization implications...but part of the problem is we have no transparency, no public bug tracker or roadmap for the CRJ...and there is no communication from aerosoft on these things besides randomly. It leaves users flailing around, like me.

5 hours ago, Bill Zarkov said:

FWIW in my first real flight *after* SU7 I am having much more reliable results with the left/right click sequence so possibly MS changed something in that deployment. If it works consistently then I am happy. Will monitor but looking positive.

Can confirm that holding left and then right clicking works for me as well. Use that combination with other aircraft such as the WT CJ4 also. In my case however, it was working in that fashion since before SU7. I had been using the Legacy interaction scheme but recently changed to the new one to gain additional functionality in some of the other aircraft, and I think the hold left then right click is the standard for button pushing.

vor 11 Stunden , Bill Zarkov sagte:

if it was as simple as right click then left click I absolutely agree with you. As I noted in an earlier reply, that is not a consistent experience.

Bill, I replied to your issue. Have you checked your settings as I proposed. It should not work only randomly. If it does, you have another issue

vor 9 Stunden , M4cD sagte:

As much as you are correct in some ways there are some of us who us VR , the right click is not an option 

Please follow the entire thread.

On 18.11.2021 at 19:31, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

We know about the VR issue and VR is not what these guys are talking about. The VR issue is discussed in many other threads (and has been reproduced by ASOBO). Please do not mix things up.

vor 3 Stunden , Justin J sagte:

I wont say "the customer is always right", but I will say, as someone who works in Engineering/Tech: Be wary of dismissing user feedback. We're the only one's keeping this ship afloat. Seems like you are doing mental gymnastics to prove we are unreasonable for thinking these issues should be fixed.

I dont disagree there are prioritization implications...but part of the problem is we have no transparency, no public bug tracker or roadmap for the CRJ...and there is no communication from aerosoft on these things besides randomly. It leaves users flailing around, like me.

With no word I said that we are ignoring the customers....

vor 11 Stunden , GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

And yes, we hear you (all)

I said that this new interaction system changed within the SIM and the right-left click is an option provided by the SIM since SU5 (and it works -EXCEPT in VR and this is reported and reproduced by ASOBO).

I also work in engineering and lead a team. I do know things about feedback but also understand the ways of communication (the written word can be prone to miscommunication because it strips away body language) and I think you misinterpreted my message.

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Justin J said:

The only option that makes sense is to bite the bullet and fix it. I don't get why one feesl the need to be a contrarian.

This sim will be around for 10+years, and (hopefully, for Aerosoft), people will continue to buy the CRJ. Which means support wise..it would be unsustainable, toilsome, and inefficient to not make the cockpit work intuitively with the default interaction system.

At the very least...for the sanity of a) support teams b) developers and c) product management at Aerosoft...you'd be stopping a steady trickle of support tickets like "why can't pUsH thE butTons!!!?"

The  CRJ was developed before those parts of the SDK were available.  As the product is now being made ready for Xbox the interface is changed to the new one. When that will be fully available is not sure however. 

On 11/19/2021 at 2:31 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The  CRJ was developed before those parts of the SDK were available.  As the product is now being made ready for Xbox the interface is changed to the new one. When that will be fully available is not sure however. 

This is a perfectly reasonable stance...I dont want to speak for everyone, but I personally welcome and encourage proactive updates like this in the future.

vor 22 Stunden , Razalom sagte:

Someone has released an updated version for the click spot on buttons over at the usual download website for MSFS.

Can you please provide the link? Can´t find it.

Yes, I couldn't find it either, so a link would be very welcom.

This issue has prevented me from flying for months now. I know there is a workaround but double clicking right-left is just not intuitive in "hot" phases of a flight and changing to the modern system is also not an option for me. I believe I would have bought the 900/1000 expansion by now if it were not for that bug...

Vor 1 Stunde, foxmike1080 sagte:

I believe I would have bought the 900/1000 expansion by now if it were not for that bug...

If you read through the topic you will see that it's not a "bug". You can also see why reading the FAQ: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/165616-knob-buttons-crs-12-speed-alt-hdg-etc-dont-work-anymore-with-su5/

It might not be the preffered way to handle things but it's not a show stopper as I see it.

Vor 1 Stunde, foxmike1080 sagte:

clicking right-left is just not intuitive in "hot" phases of a flight

May I ask what is a "hot" phase of a flight and which button do you need to push constantly?

Here is why I ask:

On 19.11.2021 at 07:49, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

17 minutes ago, Fabian Szadkowski said:

Tell me. Why i can't turn "format/range" knob?

I read the entire forum and can't find a solution. The problem is only in crj1000

Try a different livery ..  there were some issues with some of the liveries but they did an update to fix these...  Maybe the one you are using did not get them all fixed.  Or maybe you did not do the small update they released?

Archived