FSFK 3.5.2 Cockpit Sound Greyed out! Direct X 8 not installed?

Mike Gallagher

Hello all! I recently started back into Flight Simulator again. I use FSFK 3.5.2 with FSX:SE. At one point my cockpit voice sounds were working just fine and now when I go to the options-sounds in FSFK it tells me that Direct X 8 or higher isn't installed when using the windows DXDIAG tool I have direct x 12. I'm using windows 10 is there a dll or something I can do to get it to work? I tried reinstalling Direct X but it always says that it's up to date? Any Ideas? I even uninstalled FSFK and reinstalled. I restarted my pc several times as well. Any help here would be appreciated.

Direct X is part of the operating systems now. There is no way to uninstall or reinstall it! There must be some sort of registry entry or something FSFK isn't seeing cause running DXDIAG a tool for direct x diagnostics shows that everything is installed correctly and working. This was a problem that was solved in Thomas's old forum but he doesn't have that up anymore. I know the FS Flight Keeper program is older but would like to solve this problem. 

Archived