CRJ Crash to Desktop

Logan17

I purchased the 550/700 awhile ago and previously had no issues. Now, I have purchased the 900/1000 addon and every time I load the CRJ in it crashes to desktop 10 seconds into the airplane. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post a detailed error message. If no error message is shown, go to the Windows Eventviewer and look for an entry at the time of the crash (under Windows Protocols/Applications)

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          11/12/2021 8:51:45 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-B6GL32U
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000019dc4a7
Faulting process id: 0x3668
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7d7cbb84148c5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 9c363bae-362c-46d1-a609-5dc2bf36977b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-12T13:51:45.0581388Z" />
    <EventRecordID>10717</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-B6GL32U</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000019dc4a7</Data>
    <Data>3668</Data>
    <Data>01d7d7cbb84148c5</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data>9c363bae-362c-46d1-a609-5dc2bf36977b</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>App</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately not, it simply states that MSFS crashed, but no hint (faulting module) why. So it can be everything: hardware, software drivers, other add-ons......

Where did you get the CRJ from?

• Aerosoft
7 minutes ago, BaxterChico said:

Have you tried removing all other MOD's? So really everything, whether skins or Airport's. With me was longer time for a reason for a CTD a livery the reason

We have seen today that even just additional liveries with some issues can cause these problems.

• Aerosoft
vor 6 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We have seen today that even just additional liveries with some issues can cause these problems.

That's why I don't use external paints anymore. But only what you have with the CRJ standard. 

I know it seems weird.  I know we don't like it.  It is however a reality that cannot be ignored.  ANY addon that does not comply with the current SDK has the potential to create a problem.  As I have said, it is up to the user to determine if they had a CTD BECAUSE they were flying the CRJ (or anything else for that matter) or WHILE flying the CRJ.  The only way I know to do that is to empty out everything in the community folder except for the module you want to test. 

Now, as I have said before because AS can't.....DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE MARKET PLACE THAT YOU CAN BUY DIRCT FROM THE DEVELOPER/PUBLISHER!!!!!!!!

Why?  Because if you downloaded it and you installed it YOU can better control it.  Plus, you don't have to put up with the MS DRM that seems to cause issues.  I get it, like me early on, you have probably already bought things from the market place and like me will have to deal with that.  However you can now stop.  My MSFS life is so much better when I stopped after two scenery purchases.  Now I am not saying I don't get occasional crappy behaviour.  Right now I am battling a CTD with no error departing KDCA to KLGA on the DOCTR5 SID.  It happens at the same place and I can confirm it only happens when flying the CRJ, however because I have been able to research by elimination, it appears to be a recent airac release issue and nothing to do with the actual plane.  So I am waiting on an AIRAC revision and hopefully that fixes it.  In the meantime, if I fly out of KDCA I don't use the DOCTR5 SID and everything is ok.  

I have found CTD caused by A320 liveries a lot.  People willy nilly paint some livery and put it up and someone willy nilly installs it and 6 months later it causes an issue.  Why? I don't freaking know, I just know it has happened.  Ditto scenery etc.  

I'm in the same boat. I purchased direct from Aerosoft. I can confirm it is only happening to the CRJ aircraft...all of them. No CTD with any other aircraft. This the only payware I have. I uninstalled the CRJ and reinstalled it. Updated AIRAC from Navigraph. I get to where the buttom pops up for "Ready to Fly", it freezes for about 5 seconds, then crashes to desktop. It's a new PC build with new fresh installation of MSFS. Drivers all updated. Help. 

1 hour ago, DaddyRey said:

I'm in the same boat. I purchased direct from Aerosoft. I can confirm it is only happening to the CRJ aircraft...all of them. No CTD with any other aircraft. This the only payware I have. I uninstalled the CRJ and reinstalled it. Updated AIRAC from Navigraph. I get to where the buttom pops up for "Ready to Fly", it freezes for about 5 seconds, then crashes to desktop. It's a new PC build with new fresh installation of MSFS. Drivers all updated. Help. 

"It is the only payware I have...." 

Do you have ANY addons in the community folder?  Paid or FREE....Any addon has the potential to cause your reported issue.  If you have installed ANYTHING, paid or not, into the community folder, empty it. 

@Logan17 my MSFS crashes (at random times) when I browse the Internet while flying. Happened to me 3 out of 3 times (randomly into the flight e.g. before TO / 20min ito the flight, etc). Since then, I don't use any internet browsers during flight......

If I'm not mistaking, I read severel reports in regard to this.

Yeah I haven’t had the internet open while doing this. Usually, it’s about 10 seconds into having the airplane loaded in. Then it freezes for about 5 seconds and I’m back at the desktop. 

@Logan17 my answer probably won't help you (sorry for that).

I have almost zero addons in MSFS and also don't use any Addon organizer or else. My Addons are the CRJ (obviously), the A32NX FBW, one livery for the A32NX (WizzAir) and 2 Airports. I also did not fiddle around with NAV database, textures, colors, you name it...

What I want to tell you is that my MSFS is basically a Vanilla setup and I ran this setup on Win10 and also as an early adopter on Win11. MSFS CTD on me maybe 7 times in total (3 of which were somehow related to the internet browser).

I fly the CRJ 80% of the time for 3 to 6 times a week (have a small kid at home which basicaly gets all my free time).

My advice:

1. Try to rule out realy every single MOD that you have even if it means to start from scratch (hope you have a solid internet connection at home).

2. Try to rule out any system changes like OC or such stuff.

Update: I've got it working again...but you're not gonna like how. 

So the only other add-on I had installed was flybywire's a320 with the American livery. While the CRJ would crash, the FBW would not. I uninstalled it any way. Still, the CRJ kept CTD MSFS. So I uninstalled Navigraph. Still CTD. 

So I did a complete reinstall of everything.....I mean EVERYTHING. I reformatted my drive and reinstalled Windows 10, then installed MSFS, then the CRJ. It works now. I've reinstalled Navigraph as well. Still working. Next I need to try with vPilot and FBW. 

So why did I do something so drastically. This is a new PC build. So not a lot on my drives to begin with. Also, I've had other issues. Particularly with vPilot. I could not hear any ATC on Vatsim.  Forums point to Sonic Sound Suite (which was automatically installed with mobo updates). I had uninstalled it, but the problem persisted. So we will see if the problem is resolved now that Sonic Sound is not installed. 

Archived