CRJ 550/700 V 1.0.10 Update Marketplace DOWNLOAD FAILURE

mborgia

I was notified of an update available after finishing a CRJ flight this afternoon.  It was oddly for the CRJ, to update to V 1.0.10.  When I tried to download it, after several minutes of downloading and decompressing, I received a message "DOWNLOAD FAILURE."  That was disappointing.  I was then horrified to discover that my CRJ V 1.0.9 had VANISHED!!!  I tried restarting the simulator, only to discover the original download was not available.  Instead it had been replaced with a "CRJ 550/700/900/1000 Bundle" under my content manager.  It refuses to download at all.  Advice or solutions?

I had a similar issue when doing the update ... update failed like 2-3 times...  I exited MSFS .. Restarted and on the next startup it was presented with now needing to INSTALL the package...

It installed and I am now in the plane....

Same problem.  Cant upgrade the 550/700.   Just now hangs on pending.  I dont want to do the same and not be able to download or update just the 550/700.  To be honest I dont really want to get the 900/1000.  Its $30 AUD and in reality that is just for some extra seats.  

Here is screen shots of what it is now doing.  

Please login to display this image.

To update....the Bundle option has now been replaced by a CRJ 550/700 download...NOT INSTALLED.  On my third attempt now, it will not install.  Also of note, the "Aerosoft_CRJ subfolder has also been erased (by the installer) from the One Store folder.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Darron Hedge said:

Same problem.  Cant upgrade the 550/700.   Just now hangs on pending.  I dont want to do the same and not be able to download or update just the 550/700.  To be honest I dont really want to get the 900/1000.  Its $30 AUD and in reality that is just for some extra seats.  

Here is screen shots of what it is now doing. 

Hi @Darron Hedge- Error: 3 means you are missing DLC entitlements. Unfortunately, this isn't something we are able to resolve here. Could you please follow the steps here to lodge a ticket about this particular error code?

@mborgia- Could you please confirm if you are also seeing Error: 3? If so, you'll need to follow the steps at the above link as well.

I concur, I am having the exact same issue, even using the filter... I deleted the CRJ, exited the sim, went back in, and am stuck with pending for the download of the CRJ 550/700... 

Same for me, pending.

This rollout has been an absolute embarrassment so far.

And I do in fact want to purchase the 900/1000, but I’m gonna hold off till I’m 100% confident I can actually purchase and download the thing without further issues.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Tried this solution but did not work for me, download still only says "pending". I also have already purchased the upgrade on the marketplace and have been charged by steam but the marketplace is not giving me access to the product. I submitted a ticket to Zendesk yesterday. 

Feeling sorry for you guys having put in the work and MS/Asobo making things difficult for your customers. Was really looking forward to flying the 900/1000 upon release and I am certainly regretting my decision to originally use the marketplace for the 550/700 back in March...

I also ended up with the "Error: 3" message in the content manager. I could install the CRJ 550/700 by going into the marketplace, searching for the CRJ, and hitting download in there, not in the content manager. The plane could be installed that way. Hopefully it works for someone else too!

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Dear friends, please do make sure you report these issues to Microsoft. Posting about it here does will not solve the issues.

I have made Microsoft aware.

However, I'm sure you would want to work with them to rectify this issue as its currently stopping me (and a lot of others) purchasing it!

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Dear friends, please do make sure you report these issues to Microsoft. Posting about it here does will not solve the issues.

Have done so and was told that this is an issue of the provided data from the publisher and they can't do anything until they get an updated version as it looks like a problem with the installer. 

For me this means if I:

- purchase at the marketplace it gives me the possibility to use my addons (where applicable) on XBoX and PC but if there's an issue with the installation / update no one is really responsible

- purchase via developers store: direct support but no possibility to use on my XBoX as well

Both options don't make me feel real comfortable. Seems there's some room for improvement

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, helialpin said:

Have done so and was told that this is an issue of the provided data from the publisher and they can't do anything until they get an updated version as it looks like a problem with the installer. 

For me this means if I:

- purchase at the marketplace it gives me the possibility to use my addons (where applicable) on XBoX and PC but if there's an issue with the installation / update no one is really responsible

- purchase via developers store: direct support but no possibility to use on my XBoX as well

Both options don't make me feel real comfortable. Seems there's some room for improvement

Would you be so kind as to forward me (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com) that message from Microsoft support so we can check that out? At the marketplace everything is fully okay at this moment, this was checked by us AND confirmed by our contact at the Marketplace.

• Developer
1 hour ago, helialpin said:

For me this means if I:

There is no installer on the marketplace side. All that we provide is an archive with the files.

Regarding the Xbox, you are right with that. The marketplace is currently the only option to deploy an add-on for the Xbox. The CRJ (any version of it) is currently not available for Xbox.

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Would you be so kind as to forward me (mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com) that message from Microsoft support so we can check that out? At the marketplace everything is fully okay at this moment, this was checked by us AND confirmed by our contact at the Marketplace.

Hi Mathijs

Sorry - don't have a written statement (unfortunately) as it was the XBoX hotline - maybe not the best source but I thought I'll give it a try. Will try to de- and re-install the CRJ again. Let's see what happens. Seems to work for others now

14 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

There is no installer on the marketplace side. All that we provide is an archive with the files.

Regarding the Xbox, you are right with that. The marketplace is currently the only option to deploy an add-on for the Xbox. The CRJ (any version of it) is currently not available for Xbox.

Thanks for the clarification about the installer - seems I'll rather don't try the hotline support anymore ;) 

For the CRJ I'm fine with having no XBoX option as I don't think I'll use the XBoX for airliner operations in the near future, just waiting for the Twin Otter for both platforms!

However - thank you both for your support on a topic out of your control - highly appreciated!

I did the update last nite on MS Marketplace.

First, I got caught in the infamous update loop (download repeating over and over again). Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. Deleted the 550/700 install from content manager. After the delete, the plane still showed up in content manager.

2. Exited MSFS and restarted

3. CRJ 550/700 was gone from content manager

4. Reinstalled full package without any problems

5. Enjoyed the updated plane 🙂

I hope that helps others with the same problem…

Happy flying!

Archived