CRJ, Addons Linker, and ASUpdater.

chairman

I did search, but I haven't seen this particular thing raised.

I moved the CRJ to a new location when I started using the addons linker. I just thought about updates for the first time so tried to run the ASUpdater which failed, when I looked the folder where it should have been was more or less empty. So I uninstalled the CRJ, downloaded and installed it again, moved it from the community folder to my addons library folder, then ran the ASUpdater which works now and reports the CRJ is up to date and in my community folder. Umm, nope.

Is there a way I can tell the updater where the CRJ actually is ? I'm a bit concerned that if I update it now I'll get a new CRJ folder in the community folder and have to merge it manually with the real CRJ folder which isn't a problem, but 'replace existing files' won't help with files that are supposed to get deleted not replaced.

Thanks

I looked at it but not for long, with that huge list of things it supports it seemed overkill for just updating a couple of Aerosoft planes, a bit like downloading a complete windows install just to get a couple of fonts. Give it a try you think ? 

Cheers

Ok I've installed it, once I got past all the advertising it detected MSFS and said the CRJ is available but not installed. It detected P3D and the P3D A320 family (which it said it didn't support) and it didn't find my P3D A330. There doesn't seem to be any way to add existing addons that it hasn't detected so I guess I need to download the CRJ yet again to use it and use the ASUpdater for the P3D planes. Aah, no.  From my point of view - I literally only want something that will reliably update the CRJ if it's not in the community folder - it seems like far more trouble than it's worth.

Much easier and much less advertising just to uninstall / download / install a new CRJ then move it out of the community folder when there are updates.

Archived