Crash to Desktop when loaded in

Logan17

Hi everyone. I upgraded from the CRJ 700 to the 900 today and I am experiencing difficulties in using it. Every time I launch it, the game crashes to the desktop. Does anyone have a potential solution to this? Is anyone else experiencing this? thanks all.

10 minutes ago, Jonas S. said:

Did you try with an empty community folder? Do you receive any specific error?

No error, just crashes when I start it up on the runway. I don't know what you mean by that with the community folder so I assume not. DO you mind giving me a step by step on how to do that? Thanks so much for you reply.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is the best procedure I can find quickly: Useful tips if MSFS stops working - Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxdirect.com) While it's from our good friends at Orbx, it's excellent advice no matter whose add-ons you're using. Do note that if you don't have a forum account with them, you'll need to set one up. They're completely trustworthy and don't sell your info to anyone else, so they're quite safe.

For the location of your Community folder, where did you buy MSFS? If from the MS Store, where did you install it?

Thanks again for the reply Hermon. I did all those steps and still nothing. What I’m experiencing here is, when I load the airplane in and I start messing with stuff on the panel and clicking buttons, the game freezes and crashes to the desktop. Very strange. It’s only the Aersoft Crj that does this. Should my aircraft be in a specific folder? Any advice? Thank you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

The installer should find the correct place to install the CRJ unless you've manually moved things around. Based on your earlier posts, I suspect you're not a user who might do that.

What was the answer to my question about where you bought it and where you installed it? As a follow-up, is this a new installation or an update to an existing version 1.0.6.0 install?

Hi guys, i've also had a lot of ctd's after the installation of the crj 900/1000 through ASone. Even the 550/700 did stop to work, which i usef almost on a daily basis before without any issues. After more troubleshooting and realizing that almost every aircraft was affected (also the fbw a320neo, etc.) I figured out that it had to do with navdata. When i created a flightplan in the fs world map and switched to high or low airways nothing happened, the flight route didn't show any waypoints, it was just a straight line. So my conclusion was that the navdata was corrupt. Even after deinstalling (and later reinstalling) the airac cycle though navigraph i was not able to fix it. Meanwhile i have completely reinstalled fs2020 and it seems to work again, at least the fbw (hadn't time to test the crj).

Might there be an issue with the navdata from navigraph provided for the crj after the newest crj update?

Archived